Chapter 4

"Annie, c'mon, hurry up. The doctor's an asshole. He won't wait for me." I yelled at Annie through the bathroom door.

I was standing outside of it, eating chicken frittata. I had zero appetite and ever bite i took of it was agony and pain for my anorexic ass but i have to eat for this baby. It has to survive. It has to.

"Oh hi, Helena."  William, Annie's husband said, standing in the doorway of his bedroom. He probably just came home from work.

"Hi, Will." I said and took another bite.

"William's fine." He said.

He told me that a thousand times by now but it's so fun to tease him. His nose flares and his eyes give a little glare every time i call him Will.

"I thought you guys would be gone by now." He commented.

"Well your dear wife is taking way too long to get ready. I think she wants to seduce the doctor." I said.

"Hmm. Doctors earns too less these days. That won't fly with Annie." He said.

I frowned. "Maybe she's getting ready for the cab driver then? The express magazine did call them the next centuries billionaires."

"Yeah, maybe."

I smiled.

Annie came out huffing. "Its so disrespectful that you encourage her, William." She said and went to the mirror to set her hair. "And i am not a gold digger, i married him because i love him." She said, looking at me before walking to William and kissing him.

"Gross." I said and made my way out of her room. "If you don't come down with me, I'm leaving."

"Jeez, you're so bossy today." She said. "I'll be back before sundown, honey. We'll go have dinner." She said to William.

"Yeah okay." He said.

Me and Annie made our way down her staircase. "Sundown?" I said. "You'll be back before sundown in your carriage ride of 5 unicorns. And the butler will greet you at the entrance to take your humble crown." I said in my hoity toity voice.

Annie smiled. "There's nothing rich about talking in proper English."

I rolled my eyes.

"Anyways, why aren't we taking the car?" She asked as we put on our coats.

"It's really hard to find parking there. The spots are narrow. And let's face it, you're a terrible driver. I'd rather let my baby die by my lack of carelessness than your incredibly reckless driving." I said.

"Funny." She said with sarcasm. "You're funny, Annie."

I chuckled. "I know. But we both have our gifts. God gave me a sense of humour and you a sense of spotting rich assholes to marry or what i like to call gold diggebilty"

She shook her head as we walked out of her huge house. "I can't bear you for more than 2 hours so let's get this appointment over with, shall we?" She said.

"Hey you're the one who offered to join me, i was fine going alone." I said. "And oh, we have to make a quick stop at the bank."

"Why?" She asked, as she called a cab.

"I need to pay back that guy from the hospital."

"Oh. Why don't you pay him back in person?"

"It's thousand dollar bills. I would look like a lunatic carrying around that much cash in this day and age." I said as a cab stopped and we got in.

She told the driver the address. "Don't you want to thank him for saving your life?"

"I already did. Back at the hospital." I said.