Chapter 18

"You've never done anything like this." Annie said, glancing at me before turning her gaze to the road. "You didn't sleep with Dexter till the wedding night but with this Terry guy, you don't seem to mind defying your own rules."

I sighed. I guess this conversation was coming. I don't why I thought putting on headphones would stop it.

Taking the earbuds off, I frowned on her words. I guess it is true that when I married Dexter I was very adamant about losing my virginity after marriage. But what she was implying was wrong.

"I didn't sleep with him, Annie. It was merely a kiss." I half lied.

She looked at me incredously. "How long are you going to keep that up?"

I blinked. "keep what up?" I spoke. "I'm not lying. We didn't sleep together."

"Helena, the evidence is over-bearing." She stated. "Not to mention, you're still pretty red."

I put my hands on my cheeks in an attempt to keep them from burning but they just won't stop blushing. It's like Terry did a spell on me.

"Okay fine," i sighed, knowing there's no way out of this. "but i didn't sleep with him. We just kissed... Or made out. I don't know, I hadn't had time to dwell on it yet."

She glanced at me again. "This just isn't like you."

She said and I knew what she meant. I have always been the one to do things by the rules. I don't usually meet guys on the street and befriend them. I don't go around hanging out with. I don't sleep at their houses or mansions and I certainly don't kiss them.

"Maybe I've changed." I said the only explanation i could think of.

"Maybe." Annie bit her lip, thinking. "I like the fact that you're not staying at home and crying about Dexter leaving you like you have been doing for the past month but I don't like the fact that you slept with the guy you just met."

I resisted the urge to facepalm. "I did not sleep with him!"

Annie rolled her eyes. "You don't have to lie to me. It's not like I'm going to tell Mom. I'm your sister, you can tell me stuff."

I frowned. "What stuff? Nothing happened. And I already do tell you everything."

She sighed as she pulled up at her house and her gatekeeper opened the doors to her garage. "William is going on a business trip to Colarado."

Why is she telling me this? "Oh, fun."

Parking her car, she turned off the engine and then looked at me. "I have to go with him for 3 month."

3 months? "Oh."

"Yeah." She spoke.

A silence fell over the car since none of us got out. I didn't want her to go. I wanted her to stay. I can't do this pregnancy thing alone even for a month. I needed her to be there to support me. But I also wanted her to go. It was her life. She wasn't responsible for me. She has her own life. She shouldn't have to make any decisions because of me. I didn't want her to resent me for staying either. She loved her husband way too much. I knew she wanted to be with him.

She then smiled at me sweetly. "I won't go. I know you want me to stay." She spoke.

I smiled back at her. "No, if you want to go. You can go, Annie. I'll be fine."

She bit her lip again, clearly a new habbit she was developing. "No, I'll stay."

I shook my head and grabbed her hand. "Annie it's clear you want to go. Then go. I'll be fine. And it's not like you're dying, I can always call you, right?"