Chapter 21

When he pulled away, I had lost the ability to speak and was blushing profusely.

He smirked looking at the effect he had on me and matched his forehead in mine. "I don't feel sorry for you Lennie." His voice hoarse and sexy. "I want to date you because I like you."

I didn't know what to say to that so I just kept quiet. It was funny how my anger had completely disappeared with just one kiss.

"I'm really sorry I was late." He spoke. "Give me another chance?"

My mind didn't seem to be working right so I nodded slowly.

He pecked my lips. "Thank you."

Leaning back, he took my hand, lacing my fingers with his. "Let's have dinner."

"I can't go back in there again." I spoke as the wait staff's sympathetic looks flashed before my eyes.

Terry nodded. "Okay. I know another perfect place."
________________________________________
Taking our tacos from the truck, we went to the empty sidewalk and sat down.

"I'm really sorry, Lennie." Terry said for the like 10th time tonight.

"If you say that one more time, I'll be officially annoyed." I replied, opening up my taco.

"But I really am sorry." He spoke, looking sincerely at me.

I sighed. "It's okay, really. It's not like you did it in purpose."

He smiled at me in response.

I looked away at the city lights and the cars passing by. The whether was chilly tonight but it was warm next to him. "Hey, what's going on with the divorce papers?"

He blinked at me. "That's not first date conversation."

I smiled, amused. "Then what it is?"

"I don't know." He replied, pretending to think for a while. "I guess we know each other well to call this a third date."

"Well, you know me. I barely know anything about you."

"You know plenty, Lennie."

I rolled my eyes. "Sure."

"Fine, ask me something."

"really, okay?" I looked at him, excited. I thought about what to ask him. Honestly, there was so much. "Why'd you want to be a lawyer?"

He took a bite of his taco. "I didn't. It was the easy way out."

"Out of what?"

"My family business."

When he didn't explain further, i raised an eyebrow. "Care to elaborate?"

He looked away from me, sighing "My parents wanted me to take over the company but I didn't want to. They sent me to hardware to get a business degree but I changed my major as soon as I got there, law made sense at that time."

I nodded. "So it wasn't passion thing? You know wanting to fight for the little guy?"

He chuckled. "You see too much good in me, Lennie."

"So what'd you want to be instead?"

"It's gonna sound stupid." He scratched the back of his head. "I wanted to be a pilot."

My eyes widened. "Really?"

"Yeah. I know it's stupid-"

"It's not stupid. It's just unexpected."

"I know." He spoke looking down then his eyes lit up. "But there's something about the freedom and control of an aircraft that just calls you, you know."