Chapter 7

Terrace Mulligan's P.I.V

That one night with her was the most fun I had since law school. She is one fun gal. So i didn't waste anytime that night and immediately made up our next meet up plan: movies.

We had been texting back and forth which movie to and kept making fun of each others taste and some pretty dumb and cringe-worthy movies like the kissing booth. She apparently liked it.

I had just came back from the court when i picked up my phone to read the following notifications.

2 missed calls from Ashley

One new text message from Lennie/Lenna

Reminder for Clark's birthday

Clark sent a video

Crap, i forgot his birthday. Goddamn it. I immediately called him. He picked up immediately.

"You better have called to tell me happy birthday and don't you lie to me." He said.

I ran a hand through my hair. "Of course, happy birthday, man."

There was silence for a while then his husband came on the phone. "You are a bad friend, Mr Mulligan Lawyer. Your best friend, my dearest husband has been sitting by, waiting for your phone call like his ex girlfriend."

"Awwee, you jealous, Erick?" I said, smirking.

"Of you? Please. I'd rather go pee in the corner." He said. "You didn't even pick him up from the airport the other day."

"I had a meeting." I said, lying.

"Your assistant worships me and tells me everything." He replied. "She told me your 7 o'clock meeting got cancelled. So, don't lie. Where were you?"

I tried to think of a lie but nothing came up.

"Oh. My. God." It was Clark now. "Were you with Ashley? Why are you still with her? She's-"

"I wasn't with Ashley." I said, cutting him off. I didn't need another lecture from him. I knew how bad Ashley was for me.

"Then who was she?" It was Erick this time.

"Am I on speaker phone?" I asked.

"Yess." They both said. "You finally have a new girl in your life, who is she?"

"What makes you think I was with a girl, Clark, i could've been home sleeping." I said.

"You wouldn't have blown me off if it wasn't for a girl so stop goddamn lying. Who was she?" He replied.

I sighed. "you know these are horrors they warn you about having a gay best friend."

"Answer the question, Terrence or I'll track your credit card." Clark said.

He was a banker. My banker. So he could actually do that like he had done it before so i decided to tell him the truth. "Fine, i was with a girl."

"Woohoo." Clark cheered.

"Who?" Erick asked.

"This girl i took to the hospital the other day." I said.

"Is she hot?" Clark asked.

"Crazy hot." I said, thinking about Lennie. She is really beautiful and smart and witty and fun. "But I'm not dating her or anything. We just went out as friends."

"A straight male and female can't be friends, Terrence." Erick said.

I rolled my eyes. "i think you were born in the 50s with that thinking, Erick."