Chapter 8

It's been 20 minutes. 20 freaking minutes since my appointment started and I'm sitting at home looking at the giant clock. Why do my parents have that big of a clock anyway?

Sighing, i picked up my bag and decided to go alone. My doctor was already an asshole and if I wait for Terry any longer, I'd loose my appointment. Even if I don't then I'll be late for dad's coming home party. Annie has been working on it for weeks and she'd kill me if i don't make it.

If he is coming then I'll text him to meet me there.

I walked outside of my parents house but instead of my uber a black mercedes pulled up. It parked half on the lawn of my parents house and half on the road.

He came out of the car in a navy blue suit. "I'm so sorry I'm late." Were the words that came out of his mouth.

I won't lie. I was angry. I didn't ask him to come with me. I told him i would be fine alone. He was the one who offered and is now pulling up 30 minutes late. But since I was already too late, I didn't want to create a scene. I kept quiet and went to sit in the passenger seat of his car.

The ride was silent. He didn't say anything neither did I. I was mad but what was his problem.

When he parked the car in the hospital's basement. I got out and start walking to the doctor's office without waiting for him.

He ran and caught up to me as I entered the elevator.

"Jeez, you hold quite a grudge Lennie." He said with a smile.

I looked ahead, not responding.

"Look I'm sorry." He said. "Meeting went late."

"It's fine." I said and the elevator doors opened and we walked out.

"It's clearly not." He said. "You're mad."

"Yup." I said, popping the 'p'. Then I sighed. It's not his fault. "But it wasn't your fault." I said with a smile. "It's fine, really."

"Well at least you smiled."

I smiled again at response to that as we entered the doctor's office.

"I'll double the churros" He said.

     "And thats your baby," the horrible doctor said. "You can't hear the heartbeat because it's very weak."

Tears were already in my eyes but they doubled. I sobbed, quietly. I was very much aware of Terry standing beside me. I had cried in front of him before already and thats already too much. I choked. Great, now I'm crying because he can see my crying. How pathetic can I get?

My tears came to a sudden pause when my hand was grabbed and held tightly. I turned my head to Terry to see him smiling a smile that says 'you got this.'

I sobbed again. Oh god please let this baby survive. It's the only thing i did right. It's the only thing i have left. Please just let it be okay. You can take me, God. I'll be fine with that but please just let this baby survive.

"I can see that you've started eating." The horrible doctor said, reading the file he was holding. "you've gained 5kg which is good but not great."

"Call it what it is you petty asshole." Terry said, still holding my hand. "It's progress."

The doctor glared at him before muttering something about over protective husbands then he turned to me. "Fine. I'll call it progress."

I tried to smile through the tears but it came out weird.