23, fall of the glade

"HAS HE SAID ANYTHING?" Daphne asked Teresa, glancing at Alby and she shook her head

Newt sat down next to him, a concerned look on his face. "Alby... Alby, are you all right?"

Alby didn't say a word, making Newt look at Daphne in concern and she shrugged. Thomas bent down, speaking, "Alby, we might have just found a way out of the maze. Do you hear me? We could be getting out of here."

"We can't. We can't leave." He finally spoke, shaking his head. "They won't let us."

"What are you talking about?" Trinity asked.

"I remember." Alby mumbled and Daphne's eyes widened.

"What do you remember?" Thomas questioned.

Turning to Thomas, Alby spoke, "You. You were always their favorite, Thomas. Always. Why did you do this? Why did you come here?"

Daphne and Trinity looked at each other, confused. "Any ideas, genius?"

"Nope, not one." She whispered back.

"Guys, somethings's wrong." Minho spoke, pointing at outside the hut where there was plenty of shouts and screams from the other Gladers.

The girls, Newt, Minho, Gally, and Thomas all ran outside. Thomas stopped Winston, who had a torch in his hands. "Winston, what's going on?"

"It's the doors. They aren't closing." Winston rambled before running towards the doors, where a bunch of the Gladers with torches were.

"Oh shit." Daphne mumbled, running behind Trinity towards the doors. "Hey guys, just a thought, maybe it's not the smartest idea to be going towards the doors, where the Grievers will have easy access to our lives—"

She cut off when a loud noise rang throughout the Glade, making everyone cover their eyes. They turned around when they saw another set of doors opening.

As all the doors began to open, fear grew in Daphne's chest as Thomas began to instruct everyone. "Chuck, go to the Council Hall and start barricading the doors."

"Winston, you go with him." Newt insisted and the two run off.

"Get the others. Tell them to go to the forest." Gally looked at some of the slicers. "Go hide, now!"

"Minho, Trin, I want you to grab every weapon you can find. I'll meet you at Council Hall." Thomas said.

"Let's go." Minho looked at Trinity and Newt.

"Where will you be?" Newt looked at the Daphne.

"Getting Alby with Teresa and I." Thomas answered and Daphne nodded. "I'll take care of her."

"I have a feeling she'll be taking care of you guys." Trinity smirked, glancing at her sister. "Be careful, Daph."

"Always, Trin." Daphne mumbled and Trin, Newt, and Minho ran off.