Part 5 - Time's Up..

*AMELIA'S POV*

Three and a half hours later, there was still no sign of my dad. I was running out of both time and patience with him now.

Dinner was almost ready and I assumed that he would be here by now. But it looks like he has let me down. Just like he always does. And, if I'm being totally honest, I'm not really surprised by him or his actions anymore.

They're just part of normal life for both me and my dad now.

That will probably never change.

I always thought that he would never let me down. That he would always be there for me when I needed him. That he would be there to protect me when no one was else was there. I thought that my dad was that person; but looks like I was wrong.

"Am, are you alright?" Nathan asked, dragging me from my thoughts.

"Not really..." I sighed.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Nope, not really..." I replied sadly. I was supposed to be enjoying myself today and having a good time. But that wasn't really happening.

"Where's your dad then?"

"Who knows. Maybe he's in bed with some blonde bimbo that he picked up last night..." I laughed because, knowing my dad, it was probably true. After his and mum's divorce was final, he went back to his old ways. I spend a lot of weekends either with Lauren or Nareesha because my dad would bring someone new back each night. There was no telling if he was ever going to move on or if he was going to keep acting the way that he was.

"Look, don't let your dad bring you down. Come out there with us, have a couple of drinks and enjoy yourself. We all love you, even if your real family doesn't..." Nathan smiled at me as he left the kitchen. Leaving me stood there with a glass of wine in one hand and Kaylee's dinner in the other. I decided that she was just going to get one of them jars of baby food. I had no idea which one it was since I didn't bother looking; I just grabbed one out of the cupboard.

I walked into the living room to see that everyone else was enjoying themselves and having a good time. The kids. The parents. Even the dog was trying to get involved. And then there was me.

I didn't look happy.

I didn't look like I was enjoying myself.

I didn't even look like I wanted them to be in my house. It was stupid really.

"Am, have you got the room for me to stay tonight?" Max asked as I took a seat on the arm of the chair next to him.

"Yeah, I got two free bedrooms..." I smiled at him.

"Would you mind if I stayed so I haven't got to go all the way back home?"

"I would love for you to stay!" I smiled at him again as I removed Kaylee from his grip and placed her in her highchair.

"Thanks Am. Would you mind if I fed her?" Max asked me, surprising me slightly if I was honest. I never really expected him to be the father-type. But he was really enjoying playing with Kaylee. It makes me wish that I had introduced him to her much sooner.

"Sure, you carry on..." I said, handing him the jar of food. I then looked up to see that Nareesha and Lauren were just looking at me. It was the look that showed me that they wanted to talk to me. I followed their signals and left the room once again, returning to the kitchen. Jake was still sat in there playing on his phone. Teenagers and their phones. Can't leave them alone for longer than two minutes or they feel like they're dying.

Seconds after I had walking into the kitchen, Lauren and Nareesha both appeared. I knew that they wanted to talk to me. But I had no idea what about. I didn't even know that I had done anything wrong.