Part 11 - I Got The Contract.

Amelia's POV -

"So?" Kelsey smiled at me as soon as I walked through the front door.

"What?" I replied, just shrugging my shoulders like it wasn't anything that really mattered.

"How did you do? Did they offer you a contract?" Jason asked, obviously unable to contain his excitement at what was happening today.

"They told me to come back another time, they didn't need any more people like me right now..." I said.

Okay, I was lying and I did get offered a contract. They wanted me to record some more covers, which would then be released. Just to see how they did to begin with, then if they did well enough, they would allow me to write my own music.

But I was enjoying this far too much.

And, just in case you're confused, let me explain what is going on.

My dad arranged for me to sing to his manager because he was looking for more people to sign to his label. I decided that I was going to sing Shut Up and Give Me Whatever You Got which I then followed with Glad You Came.

They told me that they loved me and wanted to do some more work with me.

A voice like mine, they would be stupid to throw it all away and not offer me anything.

And, the best part, I was being paid to do basically nothing since I was only going to be singing other people's songs and then putting them on an album. Nothing too hard, but it was something I was going to enjoy and I was looking forward to actually doing it.

I would tell them the truth; right after I had wound them up a bit.

I was allowed to have some fun every now and again.

"That's a shame, they must be stupid to ignore someone like you and not pay attention to the talent you have!" Nathan chuckled, embracing me in a hug at the same time.

"They're all idiots. We all know you've got talent!" Siva smiled at me, his arm wrapped safely around Nareesha's waist. Pulling her in close to his body, the love between them had always been there and it hadn't gone anywhere.

"You're more talented than your old dad over there. We all know that's true..." Max laughed.

"Thanks Max. And there was me thinking we were all friends here!" dad replied, pretending that he was in a mood with Max and all of us for laughing. I did love my old dad and I don't regret giving him a second chance now, he had proved himself to be sorry and that he didn't mean to act the way that he did.

That's just the person that he was.

Our relationship was pretty much back to how it used to be and we were getting along just like we used to when I was younger.

I should also tell you that me and Jason have also moved house as well. Found the perfect house, put the deposit down and with dad and Max's help, we found the rest of the money and it now belongs to us.

You're probably wondering how it all happened so fast.

It didn't really happen that fast, it has been just over a month since dad told me that he was going to give us the money for the house and they all suggested that I started singing again.

"I joke. But Am, you are really talented and, if they don't want you, then there are other people out there. You're going to be big one day..." Max smiled at me, which just made me smile that someone thought that about me.

"I can't do this anymore..." I said.

"What do you mean babe?" Jason replied with a confused look on his face.