Chapter 14: Confession

It has been a week since those events. The aftermath of those made George's head ache. Clay had explained everything and he meant everything. George couldn't believe that this was happening, that this was all real. Though George wanted to know who that guy is. The guy with a beard. But he'll wait for the right time. 

Clay has told George how Clay 'cheated' on George. It broke George's heart to see Clay crying. He did regret everything but at least George was here now... right? 

Right. 

George couldn't believe that he had done such a thing. He felt bad for his past self for doing that. He probably was so broken. He wondered what his past life was. How it was. Was he rich? Was he just the same? Was it... depressing? 

He also felt bad for Clay. For seeing him in a casket. Dead, pale, and cold. Unconscious about his surroundings. George could only imagine how Clay felt that time. All of this felt like a dream. He was probably younger that time. George has never been in a serious relationship. The whole twenty-three(23) years that he lives were fairly lonely. 

He might be sobbing but his mind will always land on Clay. It made him comfortable and happy. He sometimes thinks how lucky he is to even know Clay. 

George's feelings on Clay grew quicker but it was expected. George didn't know if he wanted to give Clay a second-third chance. George had feelings for Clay but it turned from feelings to falling in love. George has reasons too. I mean who wouldn't fall in love with such a perfect guy. Sometimes George would think if this was all a dream. This was too perfect to be true and probably too weird to be true. 

George needed time to contemplate the situation. If he'd give him and Clay a chance, to start all over again. George loves their friendly bond and George would do anything for it to not change. But what if he did give Clay a chance. Would it be a good change or a bad change? George felt scared yet he wanted to know. 

Clay has been really sweet lately, really gentle for George. George was the king and Clay was his knight in shining armor. Kind of cliché but it's true. Clay would take him out sometime, somewhere. Somewhere elegant and just beautiful. Sometimes they'd go in the woods and listen to the birds and the sound of water rushing in the falls. Every evening Clay would stop by at George's and give George his favorite coffee. They'd stop outside in the dark, in the cold wind that passed through them once in a while, brushing through their hair strands as they talk. 

George still didn't introduce Clay to his parents. Maybe sometime he will call Clay his best boyfriend- friend. Okay, this is getting on George's head. He doesn't seem to have to take breaks and George wanted that break so badly. He can't even have a small taste of it. 

It gets frustrating sometimes that George would cry in his room. The darkness consuming the atmosphere. Sometimes he'll listen to songs, sad songs, and hum with it, whilst his tear-stained face was reflected by the moonlight. There were also nights where he'd stare at the ceiling and listen to nothing but the loud chirping of the crickets outside. He would leave his window open and let the wind whisper sweet nothing into his ears. It feels nice but he can't help to think about how much nicer it would be to hold Clay's hand, to kiss those soft-looking lips. 

George decided that this will be it. He took all the courage that is left in this world and he'd call Clay and tell him. George pats on his nightstand aggressively finding and feeling every dents of his phone in the dark. He clicked on Clay's contact and called him. The ringing on the phone made George impatient as he wiggled his foot aggressively. 

"Hello?" The voice on the other side was deeper and groggy. 

"Did I wake you up?" George asked, feeling bad. 

"Yeah but it's okay. I wanted to hear your voice through" Clay remarked which made George blush. 

"O- okay. We need to talk" George vehemently said which made the other wake up from his flirty side. 

"Okay, I'll be there in a moment," Clay hurriedly said. 

Before George knew it he sat still sitting on Clay's couch on Clay's condo with Clay sitting across him. 

"So, did you-" Clay was cut off by George's rumbling. 

"Clay I'm so sorry I've let you wait so long but I've made my decision and I want you to be my boyfriend. I love you since the day we crossed paths. I love how you are so so so sweet to me and how you make me feel safe. You are so perfect and I don't know what got into your mind to like me. I don't want anything to change. I've cried every night just thinking about you and how it would be so nice to feel your arms wrap around my body. I love you with all of my heart Clay and I mean it. It took me about a week to contemplate about it because i- I was scared if everything will- will change and I don't want that to happen ever again-" 

George was cut off by Clay's kiss. George kissed back and closed his eyes making a hot tear slid down his face. Clay pulled away and wiped the other's tears. George kissed Clay back but with more passion. Clay was taken aback but he kissed back more passionate than George's for he wanted this for so long. 

George moved and sat on Clay's lap, his body swaying like a professional dancer, and cradled Clay's face with his left hand and the other on Clay's hair, sweetly entangled. They sat there on the couch like nothing was more important in the world except them. 

And boom! Just a little loving kiss that turned into a make-out session full of lust.