Chapter 27

“Wei Ying-”
“Ok ok I know that sounds crazy but it sounds to me like they don’t have a home to go back to and A-Yuan brought up the idea too, he liked the thought of having two younger siblings."

“Wei Ying-”

“And I mean I was thinking of having Jiang Cheng and Lan Xichen adopt one of them but the idea of separating them hurt my heart so-”

“Wei Ying!” Realizing that no sound would come out of his lips he realized that Lan Wangji was trying to speak to him. With a lopsided smile he made a sealing motion to his lips before motioning for him to speak.

“Let’s adopt them.” With only those three simple words spoken, Wei Wuxian felt a surge of warmth swell in his chest.

He loved his dear husband and knew that he would follow any crazy idea of his but adopting the young boys either as his sons or into the clan was something he would do either way. Lan Wangji was the kindest man he knew even if his face appeared colder than ice. It reminded him of when he took in A-Yuan.

‘I didn't only adopt A-Yuan because he was like a son to you but because he deserved having a family.’ 

The tears in his eyes were gently wiped away by his husband and replaced with soft loving kisses to his eyelids.

Yet the sound of fabric rustling had them snapping out of their love filled bubble and back onto the youngest of the two. Without a second to spare Wei Wuxian was by his side and sitting him up slightly to slowly feed him some water and would stop when he felt he would choke on it.

The boy’s eyes opened slightly revealing his golden tear filled eyes. His hands moved into repeated motions but neither of the two understood what he meant. 

‘It hurts’
‘I don’t want to die.’

Having no more strength in his arms he buried his face in Wei Wuxian’s arms until his silent sobbing pulled him back into a deep sleep.
Wei Wuxian himself wanted to cry, he felt as if he couldn’t do anything for the young boy that was in pain and wasn’t able to communicate to them what he wanted, he felt weak as if he was unable to help the young boy in the same way that he couldn’t help the twins.

 Lan Wangji lifted him up; noticing how Wei Wuxian didn’t protest to stay besides the boys and instead curled up closer to his husband. On the way he asked a disciple to have someone watch over the boys throughout the night and to make sure not to wake them up at any other time unless they woke themselves up.

Once inside the comfort of their home Wei Wuxian allowed his emotions to appear on his face.
“Lan Zhan..what if he doesn’t get better. I can’t lose another-” Gritting his teeth he held back the tears stinging his eyes.

Taking deep breaths of his husband's scent he pulled back those feelings of dread. “No there’s no reason to cry, he’s not gone. I could get Wen Qing to come check him and if that fails I could always contact my fathers for help.”
Lan Wangji allowed him to ramble his thoughts knowing it helped Wei Wuxian calm himself and stop him from having another attack.
 “Wei Ying.”
Stopping his rambling Wei Wuxian saw the soft look on his features and knew the best way to keep his thoughts at bay. “I will send for Wen Qing early tomorrow. Tonight-” His words were cut off by the soft feeling of Wei Wuxian’s lips on his.

“Tonight we shall make up for what we didn’t do last night.”

----- Mature Content Ahead -----

With a smirk Lan Wangji was pushed back onto the bed and had his robes pulled apart to reveal a chiseled chest. 
Trailing down his chest he made sure to leave red marks on the pale skin that would take days to fade. He knew he could rile his husband up quickly but seeing his eyes glazed over with lust had him almost giving up dominance.