Chapter 2

.
.
.
.

"Yiling Patriarch...Wei Wuxian….Wei Ying open your eyes my child" Hearing the delicate voice he listened and opened his eyes confused to where he was. He was surrounded by many lush plants, no buildings anywhere in sight.

"Who are you?" The man standing in front of him had dark black hair and pale silver eyes, a gentle smile rested on his lips. 

"I am no one important, I came here because I not only heard your wish but the wish of many" A sigh slipped from the man's lips as he looked away from Wei Wuxian. "There was a mistake created by someone evil..you weren't meant to die nor the lives of many during these past years."

Wei Wuxian didn't know what to say for once he was truly speechless.

"Wei Ying the day you were born you were blessed by a gift, the gift of purity no darkness could overtake your heart or core, I had watched as you grew caring and protecting everyone to the point of giving up your golden core for your adopted brother and your reputation to protect the innocent Wen."

"Then what am I supposed to do im already dead if you hadn't noticed"

 "I'm going to send you back, I have changed a few things which I'm sure will help you on your journey" Raising his hand Chenqing appeared in his hand the dark resentful energy pulsed around the flute before completely disappearing causing the once black flute to turn into a white Jade flute decorated with red designs.

"I have cleansed Chenqing of its harmful energy, use it as you had before and much more."

Wei Ying took the flute into his hands admiring the flute before he felt himself falling into darkness once again.

With a gasp he opened his eyes before groaning feeling a sudden pain fill his senses. With a deep breath he opened his eyes again noticing he was back in his room holding the white chenqing in his hands. 

‘I thought Jiang Cheng had destroyed my room’ a sad chuckle fell from his lips. 

A sudden gasp had him looking at the doors to his room confused. A boy clad in golden robes rushed away shouting words. 

“He’s awake Uncle Wei is awake!” 

A Jin was here...and was calling him uncle.
“Jin Rulan?”
Seconds later a rush of footsteps were heard as people barged into the room shocking him. 

There not only stood Jiang Cheng but beside him was his dear sister Jiang Yanli, Madam Yu and his uncle Jiang. Tears formed in his eyes as he saw the four. Many emotions flowed through him along with memories as he saw the family. The Jiang siblings were the first to rush to his side, tears in their eyes as they embraced their brother. 

“You idiot! How could you almost die like that and leave us!” He didn’t understand what Jiang Cheng was talking about but he still cried in their embrace, missing the feeling of home.

“A-Ying im so glad you’re awake” Their embrace was encircled as Jiang Fengmian hugged his children comforting them as they cried, only to be cut off as a doctor awkwardly coughed to grab their attention.

“M-May I check up on him now” Nodding they separated allowing the doctor to make sure everything was ok with Wei Wuxian.
.
.
.

“Well he is very malnourished so I recommend him to be fed well and he will have difficulty walking since he hasn’t moved his legs in 11 years” 

“Wait did you say 11 years!” Wei Wuxian stared wide eyed at the doctor wondering if he had heard wrong. “You don’t remember? After the Wen clan tried attacking Yunmeng they had taken you and tortured you..it had taken us months to find you if it wasn’t for Hanguan-Jun who found you first.”

“You were close to death and had fallen into a deep sleep to heal.” He suddenly remembered the words of the strange man.
"I'm going to send you back, I have changed a few things which I'm sure will help you on your journey" 

‘Is this what he meant? Nothing had happened after the attack?’
A cough startled him out of his thoughts and back to reality. “Let's leave him to change..Jiang Cheng stay with him to explain things while we preprair things.” Madam Yu didn’t look in his direction but everyone could see her red rimmed eyes as she glared at them before pulling the older Jiang out of the room.

“You're always causing trouble” Jiang Cheng scolded trying to act tough even while holding tears back, which in returned caused Wei Wuxian to laugh before getting serious. “Jiang Cheng what happened during the attack until now?”
.
.
.
.