Chapter 21

The ruins of burial mound had been deserted for many years after the incident with Wen Chao and most had been burned down or destroyed. 

Inside was silent yet filled with demonic energy making the room feel colder than what it was considering it was only autumn. “Lan Zhan, something feels wrong.” Lan Wangji kept a close eye on Wei Wuxian while letting his eyes skim over the room. There is nothing here and much less Hu Feng. Each step they took echoed sending goosebumps up his skin making him shrink into Lan Wangji who held his hand before he glared into the darkness.

A dry laugh sounded off the walls making them aware that he was hidden within the darkness that not even the glow did Bichen could light up.
“Ah Wei Wuxian you’ve stupidly fallen into my trap.” Hu Feng’s voice bounced off the walls causing it to echo before it went silent. “But we don’t need him.” Confused both raised their weapons before force began dragging Lan Wangji out of the room, while binding Wei Wuxian’s feet to the ground. The force was painful on them, Lan Wangji felt as if his skin was going to be pulled off while Wei Wuxian felt  as if his lower body had been barried into the grown and was being pulled out like a radish.

“Wei Ying!” Struggling Lan Wangji didn’t want to let go of his hand, a strong fear coursed through his veins as he felt his fingers slip and Wei Wuxian flinch from the pain of being pulled. The memories of the day Wei Wuxian pulled his hand out of his filled his mind causing a cold sweat to form on his body.

 “Lan Zhan let go.” 

“No”

“I’ll be ok, I promise, help the others. I still have the twin amulets they will keep me safe.” Lan Wangji wanted nothing more than to hold his hand and stay by his side but seeing the pain of having his arm pulled by him made him slowly release his hold.
The force that split them apart had sent him flying out and had the doors slammed in front of his face. With red rimmed eyes Lan Wangji banged on the door, he wanted it to break into nothingness so nothing could stop him from being besides his lover. Yet no matter how much he pounded he couldn’t open the doors.
'Come back to me, Wei Ying'

“Zewu-Jun! Look out!”

Behind Lan Xichen appeared a fierce corpse, bearing his dirty claws at him with a raspy growl cut at his throat. Preparing himself Lan Xichen blocked his uncle's sword while protecting him from being hit by the corspe

Yet as he waited for the claws to strike at him, they never came. “Wangji? What are you doing here? What about young master Wei?”

“Separated” His answer was short and clipped yet to Lan Xichen it meant alot. Even if his brother never showed his emotions on his face or said more than a sentence to people if they weren't him or Wei Wuxian, his eyes spoke many words.

Lan Wangji on the other hand had begun venting his rage onto the fierce corpses that were making their way to him and the others, allowing the corpses to be a distraction, stopping him from rushing back to those sealed doors.

“A-Cheng you remember the last time, when we were taken and were forced to attack the juniors? Before A-Xian lost his memories.”

“Yeah, What about it?” Jiang Cheng admired Jiang Yanli, although she was fending off against their mother she didn’t appear out of breath and was able to block all of her attacks. 

“I think they’re under the same spell, but last time A-Xian was able to break the spell by removing the resentful energy controlling them, but what about now how do we break the spell that’s on our family?”

While blocking his fathers sword Jiang Cheng took a moment to think back to any clues they could use to get rid of the resentful energy.

'If you use the seven string guqin during battle while infused with your spiritual energy you will be able to cleanse Yin energy quicker'