Chapter 7

“I can’t believe we have to take him with us too” Jiang Cheng groaned quietly to Wei Wuxian Who was flying with Lan Wangji. “I don’t like it either but that darn JianYu said he could be useful for us and to have him join us.” 

With a glare they glanced over at Jin Zixuan who was pestering Jin Ling about correcting his posture while flying.

-Earlier- 

“Wei Wuxian get down here this instant!” Jiang Cheng pointed up at Wei Wuxian who was cowering up a tree. “No that beast could still be here” True to his words the sound of parking got closer by the second. 

“Lan Zhan! Help me!”

‘Crack’

“Eh?” Clenching his eyes closed he braced himself to hit the hard ground only to feel warm hands under him.

Golden worried eyes looked into him, silently confirming he was alright.

“Uncle Wei are you alright?!” Panicked Jin Ling rushed over not realizing his fury friend was right behind him. 

“Ah! Lan Zhan save me!” With trembling fingers he held tightly onto his robes and buried his face in his shoulder.

“Jin Ling shoo away Fairy, yout uncle can’t handle dogs.” Nodding he told Fairy to wait for him outside.

With a whine she left, only then was Wei Wuxian released from Lan Wangji’s arms. “I'm sorry uncle I didn’t know you had a fear of dogs, plus I wasn’t the one who brought her so please don’t be mad at me!”

With a smile he patted his head. “It’s ok A-Ling I can clearly see who’s fault it was” The kind smile towards his nephew disappeared as he saw a golden figure holding back his laughter besides Wen Qing.

“Jin Zixuan” His voice was emotionless as he spoke to him, completely devoid of affection compared to the voice he was using towards his son. “Wei Wuxian shouldn’t you be calling me Clan Leader Jin” His words were ignored as Wei Wuxian spoke happily to Jin Ling who also ignored his father's  presence.

“Jin Ling aren’t you going to greet your own father?”

“Of course uncle Wei” Turning towards his father his frown dropped as he bowed at him before turning back to Wei Wuxian a bright smile shining on his face.

“Pff” 

“Don’t you dare laugh Jiang Cheng” As if his words triggered him he couldn’t help bursting out in a mocking laugh. “Your own son doesn’t even like you, you peacock” 

-Present-

“Wei Ying wear the mask now” Jiang Cheng passed him the mask and made sure that it was securely on before they landed and were greeted by a disciple who led them inside.

“Sect Leaders” Nie Huaisang greeted the two leaders first before greeting the others and stopped when a loud growl came from inside.

“What the hell was that?”

“...my brother?” 

As the scream was heard again Wei Wuxian could feel the resentful energy again but this time it was heavier than the one that surrounded Wen Ning. 

As if realization hit him he turned towards Nie Huaisang “He turned into a living corpse didn’t he?” With a fearful nod he led them to the chamber where his older brother was held.

“I'm not sure what had happened but in the time that I had gone and visited Jiang Cheng I heard someone had snuck in and attacked my brother. He was heavily injured and had gone crazy before somehow we managed to get him locked away.” As they went into the room everyone felt as if their energy was slowly being taken away.