Chapter 11

Although Jiang Cheng’s and Wei Wuxian's home was close by, they had decided to take refuge inside a hotel once everyone was awake and could reopen their doors. Everyone was crowded inside the room waiting for an explanation from someone.

The two boys clung tightly to Wei Wuxian, both had a strange resemblance to Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji.

“Senior Wei, I'm sure everyone would be understanding if you admit that they are both yours and Hanguan-Jun’s love children-Mm!” Lan Jingyi having been silenced by Lan Wangji he froze wanting nothing more than to run away but had to be satisfied with hiding behind Lan Sizhui who could only give him a pitiful smile.

Everyone focused their attention back on the two twins who were now resting their heads against Wei Wuxians lap, completely unaware of the jealous stares from a Jade. Each boy had a strand of white hair representing the Yang energy from Wei Wuxian. Yet Yang will always contain some form of Yin and that was the metal they were created from.

As if knowing they were going to get interrogated they changed back into the amulet form and landed gently in Wei Wuxian’s hands.

“Stygian Tiger Seal?” As if answering his question the amulet glowed softly.

Wei Wuxian had the urge to toss the amulet away yet he wasn’t able to after remembering the twins and reluctantly left it on his lap. 

“What’s Stygian Tiger Seal?” Jin Ling had asked the question everyone wanted to ask.

“In my past life I created the amulet from a piece of Yin metal which I'm guessing the silver ball was actually a piece of Yin metal yet when I had created the amulet they never had the ability to take a human form.” 

“Wasn’t the Yin metal destroyed by We-” Chifeng-Zun was suddenly silenced by Lan Xicheng and gave him a look silently telling him to keep quiet.

“Ok now I really know everyone is hiding something from me.” The glare from Wei Wuxian made them shudder and all turned towards Jiang Wanyin who had asked them to keep it a secret and his temper wouldn’t let him admit it..

“It’s nothing important that you need to know now.”

“Nothing I need to know...Nothing I need to know now! Jiang Cheng can you not see what is going on right now! We’re being attacked by unknown people, Madam Jiang and Jiang Fengmian are missing and you won't tell me everything that had happened to this body so we can figure out who might be attacking us!” A chill passed through everyone as they noticed the twins had appeared and their red eyes were dark as if feeling the anger coming from Wei Wuxian.

“I can’t be here right now” Walking to the door he was stopped by Wen Qing who couldn’t look at Wei Wuxian in the eyes. “I know what we’re doing is selfish but we need time to figure out how to tell you.”

With a scoff his hand was stopped again. “At least wear the mask when you’re outside..for your safety” 

Without another word he snatched the mask and left the room noticing how Lan Wangji followed behind him at a slight distance knowing he needed space to cool his head yet he wanted to keep him safe.

After a while of walking they had arrived at a tree covered in white flowers that gently fell into the pond near it. Wei Wuxian laid down on one of the lowest branches that was thick enough to carry his weight and pulled out Chenqing and allowed the soft melody of his flute to be heard. Below him Lan Wangji sat down and pulled out Wangji following along the melody of ‘Wangxian’.

If anyone had heard them they would admit that the sound of the flute and the seven-stringed Guqin mixed perfectly together, truly earning the word ‘Soulmates’.

“Lan Zhan”

“Mn”

“Won’t you tell me what truly happened.” The sadness was slowly seeping into Wei Wuxian completely replacing the anger he had felt earlier.

“You did things that saved people but were betrayed. That is all I can say.” Lan Wangji’s words reminded Wei Wuxian of his last life. He had betrayed his brother and his family and fell to his death wanting to at least save Lan Wangji from falling also.

“Lan Zhan..if I fall will you catch me?” His sad silver eyes met the golden orbs that he loved so much before he let his body fall. His eyes closed and only opened as he felt his arms bellow him.

“I will always catch you, Wei Ying.” 

Wei Ying couldn’t help smiling as he placed his hand on Lan Wangji’s cheek pulling him down for a kiss. A warm feeling filled Wei Ying’s chest.

Before he could never admit his love for this man to himself but now everything was filled with his Lan Zhan to the point he wasn’t able to sleep without him by his side.

“Lan Zhan I lo-”

‘As much as I hate to ruin this beautiful moment you must return to the hotel, everyone is in danger.’ JiangYu’s voice rang clearly in his head, making him gasp and remove himself from his lover's embrace. “Lan Zhan we have to go back.” Hearing the panic in his voice they quickly made their way back to the hotel, only to find Wen Ning, Jing Ling and Lan Sizhui hiding with pale and angered faces.

“Wen Ning! What happened? Where’s everyone?”

“Wei-gongzi, we were attacked, by everyone’s order I went to hide and protect the young ones but-”

“Everyone including Lan Jingyi was taken with a teleportation talisman after having been put to sleep.” Lan Sizhui had Jin Ling’s head on his lap. Having been hit directly with the powder they didn’t know when he would wake up.

“JingYi was only captured because he stopped one of the men from following us.”

Wei Wuxian tapped his chin thinking before he turned towards Lan Wangji. “I think I know a few people who could help us right now.”

Lan Wangji nodded his head, having a clue who his lover was thinking of.

 “Xiao Xingchen, Song Lan and Xue Yang.”

Sorry it's a short chapter but I'm very greateful for the patience and support from many.
(´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`) - Z.B.