awkward

chapter thirdteen
awkward
————————————

"o-okay mom, so..." langa started explaining, but he quickly lost his words, not only because he didn't know the appropriate way to explain what was happening, but also because the situation was awkward as hell. his mother had ran into him and his boyfriend making out on their porch, and if that wasn't bad enough, his mother didn't even know he was gay, let alone in a homosexual relationship.

"no! i mean- it's fine, i guess i've always known you were... you know." his mother said, feeling embarrassed. she didn't exactly have a problem with langa being gay, but she wasn't expecting to officially find it out like that. although it was shocking for her, it reminded her that that was reality, and her son was a seventeen year old teenager who probably did stuff like that all the time.

"it's just... it's really unexpected, that's all!" langa's mother spoke again, trying to make sure that he understood that she wasn't sad at him and that she completely supported him.

"well...okay then." langa said, just now realizing that reki was sitting there, in front of him, being beyond embarrassed. "so, you know reki." langa said, turning his head towards his boyfriend. at this point reki was red in the face, hands trembling with a feeling of unease. he wanted langa's mother to thing the best of him, but catching him making out with her son certainly didn't leave a good impression.

being too embarrassed to show his face, reki greeted his mother with his face downwards, so he could avoid being seen. even though he was aware that that wasn't how things worked, he was really hoping that if he couldn't see langa's mother she couldn't see him either, although he was sitting right in front of him, staring at his shoes.

"uh, yea. hello, reki." she responded. the atmosphere was getting really awkward, nobody knew what to say or do, so she invited reki inside, although it was really late.

"i don't think i should come in, it's gettin pretty late and i don't wanna bother y-" reki said, trying to get himself out of an awkward situation but langa's mother insisted, oblivious to the situation she had created:

"it's fine! i just finished making hamburgers!"

reki shot langa a look, he could tell reki was subtly asking for help, but langa gave him a look that told him that it was okay.

weirdly enough, langa's mother didn't have anything more to say about the situation she walked in on, she actually didn't speak about it again. the three silently -and certainly awkwardly- ate their hamburgers langa's mom had previously made.

"i should go now, but thank you for the meal!" reki said after everybody finished eating.

after langa's mother greeted him, langa told her that he'd walk him home, and so he put on his shoes and followed reki outside.

"well that was...um..." langa said, breaking the silence that had been dominating the whole evening.

"oh my god i thought i was gonna die of embarrassment. it was so awkward!" reki spoke, letting it all out.

"but hey, the good part is that my mother doesn't seem to be bothered by our relationship!" langa said, coming closer to reki and placing a hand around the slightly shorter male's shoulder.

"yeah. and i know i already told you this but i just want to make sure that you understand-" reki started talking, but langa pulled him closer with the hand that was on his shoulders and gave him a kiss that reki interrupted. "reki, you don't have to say anything if you don't want to." langa said as they stopped walking, looking at each other deep in their eyes.

"but i want to! i need to make sure that i say it so i know that you will not get hurt by whatever actions are about to come." reki said, taking a deep breath. "i really enjoy spending time with you and you have no idea how happy it makes me when i'm being with you, but it has been really hard for me to come to terms with my sexuality. i still have yet to figure out how to tell my parents about this and it's really stressing me out. so before we go out publicly you have to understand that i need to become comfortable with those things." reki said once again, making sure that langa understood him and that he wouldn't hurt him anymore.

"i understand. and i'm sorry for jumping to conclusions. i promise i'll never do it again because i hate being away from you." langa said. as he was about to start walking again because it was getting late and he wanted reki to reach home safely, reki gave him a tight hug, almost squeezing the entire oxygen out of him. langa wrapped his hands around reki too, closing his eyes to remember this beautiful moment.

it was just them on an empty street, with only the stars and the moon to light their path. the sky was a deep blue and it had no clouds. sometimes, a small wind would brush past them, ruffling their hair, but they were okay. they were safe because they had each other and nothing could break that.

a/n: this has been a shorter chapter and i'm really sorry. this was all i could get out of myself this week. not only has school been SUCH A BITCH but i have a huge case of writer's block. anyways, i'm thinking of making an oikawa x reader book JUST BECAUSE I LOVE THIS MAN, but i don't want it to be your basic "girl meets oikawa. oikawa tries to flirt with her but fails because she's s p e c i a l but as times goes by she falls for him and changes him." so i'm thinking about it. i hope you guys have an awesome week and, once again, sorry for being inconsistent. i'm really trying!!! ❤️✌🏻