snowboarding

part seventeen
snowboarding
———————————-

after the three landed in canada, they went to the hotel they booked and got accustomed to it. they had separate rooms, but they weren't bothered by it.

as soon as they walked off the plane, reki was surprised by how different canada was from japan. first of all, it was COLD. reki had packed some warm clothes, but he wasn't sure if they were enough to keep him warm during the whole week. if not, he would have to borrow some from langa or buy some himself. he wanted to see as many tourist attractions as possible, and he can't do that if he's going to freeze to death.

the first thing langa knew he had to do was to snowboard again. he couldn't wait to show reki his moves, too. so, after they took a nap because they were tired from the plane, langa woke reki up excitedly.

"we're going snowboarding!" langa said, completely waking his boyfriend up.

"right now? but i wanna sleep." reki said, turning around so langa was facing his back.

but langa was way to psyched to wait for reki, so he extended his arms and pulled reki up, making him sit. reki's head was slowly falling down, but after langa shook him reki was fully awake.

"okay okay i'm awake. let me dress up and we can leave."

so langa left the room and got dressed too, getting ready to snowboard again after so many months away.

reki and langa were at the bottom of the ski slope, strapped on two freshly rented snowboards.

"i still can't believe you convinced me to rent a snowboard too. i barely even know how to put the shoes on!" reki said, being a little scared of practicing this sport.

"it's going to be just fine! i've been snowboarding ever since i was like two, i'm going to teach you!" langa said, grabbing reki's hand and heading towards the ski lift. once they got up, reki realised how much he had to snowboard in order to reach the bottom of the slope again, and he was pretty frightened.

pretty soon it was time for them to get off the ski lift. after they reached the snowy land, langa was looking down with sparkles in his eyes and even though he was frightened, reki took a moment to admire his boyfriend. he barely saw langa get so passionate and genuinely happy about something other than their relationship, so it was nice to finally see langa enjoy himself and their time together in completely other circumstances.

on a different note, reki was about to slide all the way down to the bottom of the ski slope and he had no idea how to. of course, langa started explaining how things went to reki, and after a while he got used to it. he wasn't skilled by any means, but at least he managed not to fall every time they started to speed up.

after about two or three tries, reki managed to reach the bottom of the slope while only falling three times! he thanked god he rented a helmet too, otherwise he 100% would have had a concussion.

at the end of the day, langa and reki got back to the hotel after a few exhausting hours of snowboarding. langa was so happy that he got to share his passion and such an important part of his life with reki.

time had passed quickly and it was finally new year's eve. langa's mother told them that she was going to go out that night to reunite with some of her old friends and left the two back at the hotel.

and so, the two of them were cuddling on the bed watching some television. they didn't want to do anything special for new year's and besides, they were happy that they got to spend it with each other so why fuss about it.

time went by fast as they were watching some new year's special show. five minutes before midnight they decided to head to the balcony to watch the firework show. so they went, blankets on each of their backs to keep them warm as the chilly air enveloped them.

it was quiet, besides the television that was left on back in the bedroom. their hotel room was on floor ten, so they had quite the view ahead of them. tiny lights from houses and apartments were like a reflection of the sparkling stars above them.

the clock stroke twelve as the fireworks colored the deep blue sky. the view was amazing. multicolored lights flew across the horizon, making the boys' mouths drop at the sight.

the loud booms made by them seemed to become barely audible sounds as langa's gaze met reki's.

"happy new year, reki!"

"happy new year!"

like a scene straight up from a movie, reki and langa dropped their blankets on the floor and reached for each other, their bodies providing them enough heat when they collided, sharing a kiss deeper than any other kiss they've shared before. because this kiss had an important meaning for them. it meant that even though they went through hard times together and apart, they still managed to be there as a pair, and they would continue to have each other as long as life lets them.

"promise me you'll never leave me." reki said after he pulled away from the steamy kiss.

"what? what's gotten into you?" langa said, surprised of the question.

"this is the happiest i've ever been and i don't know what i would do without you. so please, promise me this is forever."

"of course this is forever. i've never felt like this before i met you!" langa said and pulled reki in for another kiss.

a/n: i guess this is the end of my very first book! i'm sorry i kept you waiting so long, i was all over the place ever since summer started! but i'm back and working on another book!

i really hope you enjoyed reading this book as much as i liked writing it! this has been a real roller coaster for me but even so i really enjoyed the journey and i hope you did too. i might update with small chapters from their future but i'm not sure yet. and please, if you have any constructive criticism feel free to leave it in the comments!!

thank you so much for the support and for commenting and voting!

🎉 You've finished reading 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪 𝘮𝘦𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 | 𝙧𝙚𝙠𝙞 𝙭 𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙖 🎉