Two

Maggie didn't have much patients for a day so she decided to clean and straighten her office. Carlisle walked by her office and stopped as he saw Maggie cleaning. "What are you doing?"

"Ah!" She screamed as he lost her balance causing Carlisle to catch her.

"I gotcha." He said as Maggie looked at him shocked.

"How did you get to me so fast?" She asked.

Carlisle looked at her shocked that he did that. "I...uh..was standing behind you."

Maggie looked at him knowing he lied, but something also caught her attention. She was in his arms and his face was extremely close. Close enough to kiss him. They slowly started to lean in till the pagers went off. Thank you for pagers.
~~~
Carlisle thought about what almost happened. He didn't want to rush her, but he does want to be with her. Seeing her smiling as she spoke to the nurses made him walk over to her. "Maggie, can I talk to you?"

"Sure." She said as they walked together. "What was you wanting to talk about?"

"I would like to spend more time with you." He tells her. "I really like you and I want to know you better before we go any further."

Maggie looked at him. "Okay." She said. "I would like to spend more time with you, Carlisle, but aren't you..."

"No." He tells her. "I adopted five kids. Just never been married."

Maggie smiled as she walked with him. "I live by myself, but I have been thinking of adopting since I could never find time to date or the guys that were interested in me saw me as a stubborn woman since they couldn't get in my pants."

Carlisle shook his head as they continued to talk. He knew that knowing his mate better will give him the nerve to finally tell her everything.
~~~
Alice smiled as she knew what was coming next. "Is he finally talking to her?" Jasper asked her.

"Yes." She said.

Everyone knew about Maggie because of Alice's visions and Edward's mind readings. Even though somethings Edward left out as he wished he didn't have his gift at times. Carlisle thought of Maggie in ways, Edward doesn't want to think of at the moment. "Lets hope she's not scared of us or Rosalie more so."

"Right now, Carlisle wants to know he's mate. He wants her to be able to trust him and to not fear him." Alice said. "I don't think she would be scared at all because Maggie has some secrets of her own, but I don't know what they are."

Everyone nodded besides Rosalie the thought of her getting to know a human was the worse thing that could possibly happen. Maggie deserves a human life, but the fact that Maggie may have secrets has them wondering if she knows.
~~~
Maggie smiled as Carlisle walked in. "I thought you would have left by now."

"No." She said as she looked down at her phone. "I was planning to stay here for an hour or so."

Carlisle knew just by how she insisted on staying at the hospital that she was afraid to go home. She says she lives alone, but the thought of her being scared has him worried. "Okay. Just call me if you need me, Maggie. I'm always one call away."

"Okay." Maggie said as she watched Carlisle leave. She looked back at her phone and sighed at the message she will not open.

I'm back bitch and you will regret the day you ever called the police on me.