Eighteen

Edward asked them after two weeks if he could bring Bella home. Maggie was unsure about this because two weeks isn't long enough. Yet, he really wanted them to meet her. "Mom?"

"Edward, you know that I am unsure about all this." She tells him. "Two weeks isn't that long."

"I know, but..." he sighed. "I feel like she's the one and if you and Carlisle give her a talk about this life then maybe she will think of her options."

Carlisle looked at Maggie who didn't know if that will work or not. "Fine, but if she constantly asks..."

"I'll tell her no or I'll break up with her."

Maggie nodded as did Carlisle. "Sounds like a plan."
~~~
Having Nickolas with his basinet in the kitchen as she cooks dinner for Bella with her fiancée and kids. One things she knows needs to happen. Get married to Carlisle. Something she keeps thinking of. Carlisle kissed her head and looked at him. "What?"

"You're thinking."

"About when we should have the wedding. We haven't spoken much about that." Carlisle nodded. "Maybe we can today."

"Sure." He says kissing her.

"Get a whiff of that. Here comes the human."

"Rosalie."

"Sorry."

Maggie never once looked up as she continued cooking till Nickolas started squirming causing her to stop and tend to him. "Who's the father?"

The blonde looked at her. "Are you trying to say something because if so, say it."

"No..."

"Then don't talk to me about our baby." She tells her. "Edward, you get her out of here or I swear to god, I will kick her out and she will not be welcomed here..."

"This house doesn't belong to you." Bella says.

Carlisle stepped forward. "Bella, my fiancée also owns this house. She signed the deed the other day.' He says as Bella stayed quiet. "You either show respect to THEIR mother or you are out of here."

"I thought a vampire couldn't have children."

"Well, you see where thought got you." Maggie says. "Just leave. You've already upset everyone in this room."

Edward nodded as he too was ashamed. "Bringing you here was a mistake. Let's go."

"But..."

"Bella, as of now, I'm trying to know you, but you are not helping. You questioned my mother and my little brother. Till you learn to respect my family and not think you should be the only human to know and turn, you will not be around them till I know if I'm sure you are my mate."

Bella rolled her eyes and walked out. Edward sighed as he knew what he would be hearing going back to Bella's house. "He's making the right decision."
~~~
Everyone went hunting as Maggie sat in her room reading. Hearing a knock, Maggie looked up. "Hey, I thought you went hunting."

"I'm not thirsty." He says. "I'm sorry..."

"It wasn't your fault, Edward and who knows, if Bella isn't that girl then you know to be on the watch for your true mate."

Edward hugged her. "I will." He says. "I know it's not there, but I'm willing to know for sure."

"That's all you can do." Maggie tells him as Edward went to Nickolas.

She knew he was already thinking, but he is going to take his time before screwing up. That's all he can do. Hopefully it's the right decision.