Eleven

Laughter was all that could be heard through the Cullens house. The kids were gone, but Carlisle and Maggie had plans to stay in bed for a bit before they had to go to work. "Mmm." Maggie said as Carlisle laid beside her. "Best morning ever."

"Yes it is." He said as she looked at him. "What?"

Maggie smiled as she laid her head on his chest. "Can we just stay here?"

"I would love that, but we have work and you have an appointment today to check on our baby."

Maggie smiled as she couldn't wait to see the baby. Carlisle kissed her head just for the alarm to go off. The two looked at the time and shared a look causing Maggie to sigh as they had to go to work.
~~~
The talk about the chief's daughter being back was all Maggie was hearing. She didn't care about a new face or an old one, she cared about her family. She was the only human that knew about them and they wanted it to stay that way. Carlisle saw Maggie and walked over to her. "They keep talking about this Bella Swan girl."

"I know, but you can't be stressing over this." He tells her. "This baby is a miracle and I refuse to let some talk about the chief's daughter get to my pregnant mate."

Maggie smiled as she wrapped her arms around him. "I don't know who is worse. You, Rosalie, or Jasper."

Carlisle thought about it. "Jasper."

Maggie kissed him. Carlisle had her sit in his lap causing her to smile. They didn't say a word as they sat in silence. Maggie was a little worried about the kids as they might have someone curious about them. Carlisle kissed her head causing her to smile. "Can the two of us go out to see a movie or do something together?"

"I would love to spend more time with you." She says. "I don't recall us ever having a night out together or getting out of town without the kids. Now that we have this little miracle, I don't think we will have that much time."

"We're in this together."

"Together."

Hearing their pagers, Maggie and Carlisle shared a look before walking out of the office and straight to their patients. With one last kiss, they went their separate ways.
~~~
"You are making a mistake." Was the first thing Maggie and Carlisle heard.

"Oh no."

"Maggie, why don't you go upstairs. I'll see what the problem is."

Maggie nodded as she walked upstairs. She didn't know what was going on, but she wasn't going to be happy once she knows what was going on. Walking into the nursery, Maggie smiled at the hard work they'd done. The room was perfect and Maggie couldn't wait till she finally meets her first born child.

"Edward's leaving."

"Why?"

"Bella is his blood singer." Carlisle said as she sat on the loveseat. "Want me to explain what it means?"

"No." She said. "I don't care because some girl managed to get my son to leave. If he thought he was going to kill her than he should have, but he wants something from her."

Carlisle grabbed her hand. "He'll be back."

Maggie nodded as she looked at the crib. Maybe she was overreacting, but with her being the mother figure and her hormones out of whack, she couldn't help her outburst. She laid her head on Carlisle's shoulder and started thinking more on what they need for the baby. I won't let him leaving get to me because Edward will be back, but what will his disappearance do for Bella Swan.