Nine

Maggie was home alone as she had a day off. She missed Carlisle and the kids as she had grown accustomed to them being around. The phone started ringing causing her to answer it. "Hello?" She says, but never got an answer. "Who is this?" She asked then hung up.

At the hospital, Carlisle was about to leave early as he wasn't need. "Dr. Cullen, Maggie just called and she sounds scared."

"Thank you." He tells them as he grabbed his jacket and left. Pulling out his phone, Carlisle dialed Maggie's cell. "Maggie, I'm on my way home. Keep everything locked up and hide."
~~~
Maggie hid just like she was told to, but she had a feeling that someone was in the house with her. She tried to control her breathing as she hid. Carlisle seen the door open and knew. Kyle was inside the house. He called 911 to report the break in. "Kyle, this ends now." He says. "You leave her alone."

Maggie heard Carlisle and cried in relief till she was grabbed. "Let me go!"

Carlisle ran up to where his mate was and saw her brother. "This ends now. You let her go and you can go to wherever you want...'

"She has to die." Kyle says. "Did she not tell you that she got everything that our parents owned. I want revenge." He tightened his grip on Maggie causing her to struggle to breath. "She told my parents about my drugs and just like that, everything was gone. I have no money, no home, nothing! All because of this bitch."

"Please let me go." She barely could say as she looked at Carlisle. "I love you."

Hearing those three words, Carlisle managed to get Maggie away from her brother and fought him as the cops arrived. Maggie sighed in relief as the nightmares was completely over. She heard a gun go off making her scream. "Carlisle!"

"I'm okay." He says as they saw the wound was in Kyle.

Carlisle looked at Maggie who was smiling that this was finally over. She ran into his arms as the cops came and carried Kyle off. "Thank you." She tells him.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah." She tells him.

Carlisle picked her up and carried her out of the house to see the others. They knew they weren't going to be home for a bit and left. Maggie looked at Carlisle smiling as she leaned her head on his shoulder as they drove off.
~~~
At the hotel, Maggie and Carlisle's room was nothing, but laughters and moans. No one didn't hear them or cared to pay attention to the doctor and the beauty. Maggie and Carlisle collapsed beside one another. "Thank you for tonight." She tells him.

"As long as you are safe, that is all that matters." He tells her as he moved her blonde hair from her face. "Soon we will be going back home."

Maggie nodded as she was finally falling asleep. Carlisle smiled as he held her close. This woman is his life and he would do anything to keep her feeling safe and loved. "I love you, Maggie."