Three

Maggie screamed as she woke up. Since she got that text, Maggie hasn't been sleeping properly. This is the fifth night that she has woken up from that horrid nightmare. She got out of bed and started to get ready for work. A knock on her door made her grab her gun and walk downstairs. "Who is it?"

"It's Carlisle."

Maggie put the gun down and opened it to see him. "Oh thank God." She said hugging him.

Carlisle saw the gun and knew something was wrong. He didn't say a word, but he knew that something was wrong for her to have a gun. Maggie sighed as she knew sooner or later she would have to tell him.
~~~
Later that day, Maggie had decided to tell Carlisle the truth. She needed someone to talk to and the only person she can talk to is Carlisle. She knocked on his office doors as the nurses and other doctors whispered amongst each other. They knew about the time Carlisle and Maggie has been going to one another's office. Carlisle opened his door and let her in. "What brings you by, Maggie?"

"I needed someone to talk to." She said as Carlisle shut the door. "I haven't been sleeping well in five days because of a text I received."

Carlisle locked the door and looked at her. "What did the text say?" He asked as Maggie hand him her phone. "Who did you send to jail?"

"My brother." She said as she sat down. "He killed our parents and I was the witness. I told them what I saw and ever since, he has been sending threatening messages."

Carlisle sat down beside her. "Is this the first text you received?"

"In a year. I thought he finally stopped, but he just started back." Maggie said. "I didn't say nothing within the month we have known one another and I know I should have, but I couldn't."

Carlisle moved her blonde hair out of her face as she looked up at him. "You wasn't ready to talk." He tells her. "If you ever need something, I'm just one call away."

Maggie smiled as she knew that this was someone she could depend on. She nodded as she laid her head on his shoulder as he held her. Carlisle knew that he would be telling this beautiful doctor that he loves the truth.