Sixteen

The sun was out and Maggie Wayne was resting. She just had her baby, but at the same time, something was telling her that today was the day was the day Bella Swan finds out what the Cullens are. Carlisle walked in to see Maggie reading and sat down beside her. "Nickolas is sound asleep."

"Yes he is." She tells him. "Carlisle, I have this bad feeling..."

"I know and Alice came to me and told me. Bella will find out tonight. Edward has asked me what he should do and I told him only his story should matter and how he was turned. If Bella wants to know our story, she comes to us."

"Carlisle, baby, you are really doing everything right. You have showed this family that you are no longer showing favoritism and you have become a bit stricter." She tells him. "I'm proud of you. You've grown as a father, a leader, and my soon to be husband."

"I'm thinking of what to say to Bella when we meet her."

"I hope he gets to know her before bringing her around. Gives us time to be prepared for Bella Swan."

Carlisle nodded as that sounds like a better idea. "We will tell him together."

"He already knows."
~~~
Later on that night, Maggie sighed as Carlisle went to the crime scene. Alice sat down beside her and hugged her. "How long have you've known Waylon?"

"Not long. I never had the time to communicate with anyone." Maggie says. "Between work and fearing for my life, I tried to ignore all contact till Carlisle came into my life."

Edward walked back in after dropping Bella off at the police station because of Charlie. Carlisle walked in behind him and put his hand on his shoulder. "You do understand what I told you."

"Yes." He says. "I shouldn't have done any of that, but at the same time, I couldn't lose her..."

"I know, but next time. Talk to me or Maggie. We are a family and we should be listening and helping one another out." Carlisle tells him. "Son, I know you care for Bella, but please take your time with her. Get to know her before bringing her here."

Edward nodded as he went up to his room. Carlisle shook his head and walked into the living room to see Rosalie holding Nickolas as Maggie watched with a smile. He kissed her head causing Maggie to look up at him and smile. Edward walked back down and sat down beside Maggie. He wants family time like he used to have when he was human and his parents were alive.

Maggie looked at him and grabbed his hand. "You are my son just like Emmett, Nickolas and Jasper. Rosalie and Alice are my daughters." She tells him. "We can figure all this issues with Bella together."

"Thanks, mom."