The One In Control

Two weeks later... 

In the entirety of the month in the middle of Spring where (Y/n) Peregrine and Jennifer Walters got to know each other, it was, to say the least, the best days of their life. After the incident with becoming a savage She-Hulk, Jennifer came to pacify her alter ego through self-control at the expense of (Y/n)'s guidance and consolidation to help her remain in control. 

In the meantime whenever Jennifer wasn't wandering about Los Angeles as a green-skinned muscular woman with green hair, she was busy working as a lawyer doing what she did best. Ever since she found herself in a relationship with (Y/n), her confidence grew more and more. Never before had Jennifer found a more faithful companion. 

There was, however, negative publicity towards her as she struggled to adapt to the environment in which she irregularly found herself roaming when attempting to stop crime. Folks just weren't used to seeing non-humans in their presence. Their amygdala compelled them to feel afraid despite noticing the lack of threat posed by the one that sought to help them. 

On a cloudy Tuesday afternoon, Jennifer just didn't seem to be having a good day. After multiple occurrences that did not bode well for her blood pressure as having her car break down, spilling coffee on her dress, almost missing her bus and a few other unpleasantries, remaining calm was her big priority to avoid hulking out. 

What was worse for Jennifer was having to spent hours on a simple court case that should've been concluded within an hour and a half at most, instead she had to spend half her day arguing over the simplicity of two dozen fines and other minor offences to get through and win the case. In hopes of clearing her mind, Jennifer contacted one of the very few people who were capable of calming her nerves. 

"Mmmyello?" The voice spoke jollily. 

Jennifer sighed heavily and pinched the bridge of her nose. "Hey, (Y/n/n)." 

"Oh, Jen! What's up? You having a good day?" 

"I'm afraid not. As if things couldn't get any worse, it's raining heavily right now. Could you be a dear and pick me up outside Saint Loren in Beverly Hills? I jumped on the wrong bus but it's the only one that gets anywhere near your place." 

"Sure! Sure. No problem at all. I'll leave right now. See you in a bit, sweetheart." 

"Bye." 

Ending the call, Jennifer let out a hefty sigh as she thought about how her day couldn't get any worse. Once she reached her stop, Jennifer rushed to the nearest spot of shade and shivered at the cold weather as she had to wait nearly twenty minutes for (Y/n) to pick her up. 

"Hey, babe. You alright?" (Y/n) greeted his girlfriend and reached his arm out to touch her thigh. 

"I'm fine." Jennifer responded nonchalantly. 

(Y/n) took that as a sign that she certainly was not in a mood for any cheering up and that she rather wanted time to herself. Without any time to waste, (Y/n) drove them to his place. Jennifer wasted no time in going directly into (Y/n)'s bathroom and locked herself in to maintain her privacy as she had a shower that helped cool herself off. 

While Jennifer was having a shower, practically occupying his room, (Y/n) sat in the living room to find something for him to watch for the next half hour. At the sound of a door clicking open, (Y/n) looked over his shoulder and spotted the brunette wandering into the kitchen to make herself a drink. 

Jennifer paid her boyfriend no attention as he quickly turned off the television and dashed off to his room. When she noticed (Y/n)'s absence, she resumed making herself a snack before returning to (Y/n)'s room.