Chapter 42

A/N: For anyone who doesn't read my message board: Updates will be a tad slower. This week and next week are the final assessments for the kids I watch so I'm helping them with those. My back pain has also spiked again so I'm just uncomfortable constantly so sitting up and writing is less than ideal. I'm trying to write as much as I can when I am able to in hope of still keeping a good flow. But if there are a few days in between that's why. Thank you for understanding and being patient!

XX

Louis was anxiously bouncing his leg and biting around his nails. Harry frowned, reaching over, pulling his hand away and placing one on his leg. "It's okay," He whispered. "I need you to relax some, don't go back into your head," He said.

"Sorry."

"Deep breath please."

Louis closed his eyes, taking a deep breath, his body releasing tension. "Thank you," He said, opening his eyes and looking over at Harry.

Harry smiled at him. "You're welcome." He stood up when someone knocked on their hotel room door. Liam and Zayn came in, smiling at Louis and hugging him.

"We're glad you're back again mate," Liam said.

"How are you doing?" Zayn asked.

Louis shrugged, turning to Harry. Harry's chest felt both warm and heartbroken for his fiance who was clearly still struggling, needing support. "We're getting there," Harry answered for him. "Trying to get him to stop beating himself up over everything."

"Louis, it really isn't your fault," Zayn said. "Niall is okay."

Louis turned to him. "Yeah?"

Zayn nodded. "Really. He's been letting me in and talking and he's coming around some."

"Can I talk to him?" Louis asked hopefully.

"I don't think he's quite ready. But I will chat with him."

Louis took a shaky breath, Harry pulling him right into his side. "I hate all of this. We've been bonding so well and he's my friend. I want things to be okay," He said, wiping at his eyes.

"I know, it will be Louis. It's just going to take time," Liam explained.

"Will he talk to Harry yet?" Louis asked.

"Not yet. He still feels guilty.

Harry bit his lip. "I don't even quite know if I'm ready to talk with him quite yet to be honest. It's just, it's weird and I'm still trying to process it."

"We get it," Zayn said. "Like Liam said, this is all just going to take time. We need to let Niall and Harry set the pace."

"Should I, should I not come to the shows then when you start back up?" Louis asked.

"I want you there," Harry said.

"But I don't want to make things any harder for Niall. I'm sure getting back out there is going to be stressful enough for him, ya know?" Louis said.

"Louis might be right," Liam said.

"I can talk to Niall," Zayn said.

Harry reached over, taking Louis' hand in his own after seeing him digging his nails into his palm. "Stop it," Harry frowned.

"Sorry," Louis sighed, trying to relax into Harry's hold.

"I'm going to be honest," Zayn said, leaning back into the couch. "Louis, you look like shit. You really need to just breathe."

Harry glared at Zayn, but Louis just laughed. "I'm trying, I promise."

"It really will all be okay Louis," Liam assured. "No one is mad at you, no one blames you, nothing. Niall will be fine too and he will come around. Zayn's been saying he's already doing better. I think him shutting us out was him hitting the bottom and he's coming back up now."