Chapter 37

Louis stumbled back slightly when as soon as he walked through the hotel room door Harry was launching into his arms. Louis wrapped his hands under Harry's bum, hauling him up and letting Harry wrap around him. "I've got you," He whispered, kissing Harry's temple, thanking Liam for grabbing his suitcase so he could carry him to the couch.

Harry didn't say anything, just cried silently into Louis' shoulder, staying draped around him. Louis sat them down, holding Harry close. "It's nice to have you back mate," Zayn said.

"Happy to be back. How has the tour been going?" Louis asked, carding his fingers through Harry's hair, the lad now purring contently.

"Really good. Crowds have been great and everything."

"It has been pretty fun so far, yeah," Liam agreed.

"Where's Niall at? I'm surprised he wasn't the one jumping into my arms," Louis chuckled.

Liam furrowed his eyebrows thinking for a moment. "I think he's just in his room. Yeah, I'm surprised he isn't here."

"I'll go check on him," Zayn said, standing up. "Coming with to give them a few?" Zayn asked, holding his hand out to Liam.

"Yeah, thanks," Liam said, taking Zayn's hand and letting him pull him to his feet. "Text us," Liam waved.

"Will do. Tell Niall I said hi," Louis waved.

"Will do," Zayn called, the two walking out and closing the door.

Louis sighed, rubbing his hands up and down Harry's back. "Just me and you now Princess," He said softly. "Where's that pretty face of yours?"

Harry finally leaned back some, reaching up and wiping his face a bit. "M'not pretty," He blushed.

"You're the prettiest," Louis insisted. "How are you feeling?" Louis asked, cupping Harry's face and pulling him into a quick kiss.

"Better now that you're here. I'm sorry."

"No need to apologize. You had every right to be upset. I'm sorry people are saying stupid things. I'm glad you called me though and didn't deal with it alone."

"Me too."

"You want to talk about it at all?" Louis asked. Harry shrugged. "I think it'll help you feel better. We can crush those stupid rumors together."

Harry sighed, leaning into Louis' embrace. "I don't know why it bothered me so much. I mean, it always kind of gets to me, but I'm able to brush it off and see it for what it is. Bullshit. I just couldn't this time. I mean, I knew what they were saying wasn't true, but my mind kept saying 'but what if it is?' I don't know. It wasn't long that we were apart, but I think it's just cause I'm still having a hard time being away from you."

"I know. I don't like being away from you either. But it's good for us. And this is your job. I know you don't care if I'm around and the lads don't mind either, but still. This is your life. I don't mind joining and traveling with you, but all the time would be too much for me," Louis explained.

Harry nodded. "I know. I wouldn't want you to do something you didn't want to for me anyway."

"Cause you're so kind," Louis complimented.

"Sorry if I was annoying at all when Eleanor was visiting," Harry said, tucking his face into Louis' neck.

"You weren't. If it makes you feel better it's fine. It doesn't bother her either. She thinks it's sweet how protective and jealous you get."

"Not jealous," He mumbled.

"Sure you're not," Louis teased, pinching Harry's side.

Harry squeaked, biting Louis' shoulder. "Meanie pants."