Chapter 4

Y/N's pov

It's been around a week since the final selection and my stab wound was almost healed. I was leaving the butterfly mansion and heading back to Mitsuri's house, I walked down a rocky road and made my way.

Once I got to her house I went straight to my room. It was a simple room with a bed in the corner and a desk in another corner. There was a bookshelf on the wall filled with books and journals. My desk had candles and a journal where I write my training in. In another corner was a chair with floral decoration, right beside was a big window that has a nice view of the forest.

I flopped on my bed and picked up the plushie with some floral decoration. My fingers traced the flowers which were now stained and disappearing, I smiled at the memories of where I got this.

I sat alone on a chair in the police department with Mitsui. "Are you related to this girl?" A police officer came up and asked, "No... I just ran into her and brought her here, she was by herself when I saw her" Mitsuri replied. "I have information on the parents" The police officer said, Mitsuri nodded and followed him.

"We were able to find her fathers body but his limbs were separated from the body so we couldn't save him... and the mothers body is still missing" The police tried saying quietly, Mitsuri looked shocked and worried. "We couldn't find any family so we're gonna have to bring her to an orphanage". If they're trying to be quiet so I don't hear this then they're doing a terrible job.

The police officer came up to me, "Ok kid let's go" he said and tried to pick me up. I dodged his grasp and ran to Mitsuri and hugged her, "Please don't let him take me!" I sobbed. I didn't want to go to an orphanage, from what I heard it sucks there.

Mitsuri was silent for a minute, "officer... I'll take her with me" she said warmly. The officer sighed, "What will your parents think?" he asked Mitsuri stared at me, "it doesn't matter" she said and picked me up.

We left the police station and she took me to her house, "my parents aren't here a lot and we have an extra room upstairs she said, I nodded and followed her. She took me to a plain room and tucked me in. "I'll see you in the morning" she said and blew out a candle, and just like that I fell asleep.

When I opened my eyes the next morning there was a box at the foot of my bed. I carefully opened it,

Dear Y/N,

I got you some clothes please try them on so I know that they fit.

From Mitsuri

I opened the box and found some clothing with f/c designs. At the bottom of the box was a teddy bear with floral designs. I picked it up and hugged it.

I changed into some sleep wear and fell asleep on my bed.

After another week I was fully healed and Mitsuri came up to my room excitedly, "Y/N!" she said and opened the door to my room. "Your uniform and katana are here!" she said. I jumped off my bed and followed after her.

We went outside and a man wearing a mask handed me the sword. "Isn't this so exciting???" Mitsuri asked him. I looked at my sword, it had a nice handle and was whip-like much like Mitsuri's and small knives.The man started explaining about how the sword changes color depending on the person who uses it. I took it out and watched it in amazement as it slowly started changing black. The man sweat dropped, "Black huh..." he said. "Is there something wrong?" Mitsuri asked. "I just thought she would be getting another color," he said.

"Oh ya, Y/N" Mitsuri said as she picked up a uniform. "I got your uniform on my way here!" she said and handed it to me. I took it and ran into the next room to put it on. The uniform had a skirt that went to my knees instead of using pants, there was a white belt that had little knife holders attached. I went back to the other room to see Mitsuri and the man talking to each other. Mitsuri turned her attention to me, "Ah! Y/N the uniform suits you!" she said and clapped her hands, "but are you sure you wanna use knifes too?" she asked, "yes they're easy to handle with and a back-up weapon" I replied fidgeting with the knife in my hand.