Chapter 9

Y/n's pov

My eyes fluttered open as I looked at my surroundings. I was lying in a puddle of blood, the world was blurry as I looked around.

I sat up and put my hand to my head, "blood..." I mumbled out.

"Y/n! Y/n!" I heard, looking up I saw someone wearing a mask, but not the type of mask people in the village wore. The mysterious person took out my sword and pushed it into my hands. I tried to get up and talk to them but they ran away, I only got a glimpse of long brown hair.

I sat up and tried standing up straight, I looked around and saw Genya holding one of the demon's heads. "Genya!" I yelled as I ran up to him, stumbling over broken glass and rubble on the way.

Genya's head turned to me, he had the eyes of a demon and drool rolling down his face. He stood there glaring at me. My eyes widened and I stopped in place. Tanjiro must've seen him too as I saw him run over to him.

Genya's pov

"Don't push your luck" I growled out, "I will beat the upper moon, you weren't the one who beat the upper six, so you'll never be a pillar!". "Oh ya that's right!" Tanjiro said, "Genya!! You're drooling, what happened?? You're strangling me".

"I'm the one who's gonna be the pillar!" I screamed. "Oh I see!! Me and Nezuko will help you as much as we can!! Let's do our best together" the smaller boy yelled happily. "Cut the chatter!! You're just trying to cut me off..." I felt a hand on my shoulder and saw the small h/c girl standing beside me.

"GET BACK!!" I heard her say as she pulled me backwards. I stumbled back and saw lightning hit the spot where I was previously standing. "Head northeast! I think that's where the fifth one is!" Y/n yelled, I nodded.

"Head there!! I'll cover you!!" Tanjiro screamed at me, nodding. I ran towards the direction Y/n pointed me too.

I ran through a small path in the forest looking in every direction, where is he? Where is he? Y/n's counting on me I can't screw this up. I looked down and saw the demon which was now the size of a rat. I pointed my gun and pulled the trigger, the demon dodged and started running. I ran over and tried to strike the mini demon.

My sword hit the small demon's neck just for it to break. My eyes widened as I heard another demon behind me.

Y/n's pov

I saw the demon about to hit Genya. In a flash I was above them, "First from: cat-legged winds of love" I mumbled. I closed my eyes and striked the demon.

I opened my eyes.

"GENYA!! DON'T GIVE UP TRY AND KILL THAT DEMON" I screamed. Genyas eyes widened and stared at me before running towards the small demon.

I looked back at the demon, did I do something wrong? I watched as it stood up and held it's staff towards us. I put my hands up to shield myself. I felt pain hit my stomach and stumbled backwards, "Y/N" I heard Genya scream from behind me. "Don't worry about me! Go kill that demon!" I yelled out.

Genya caught me as I was about to fall to the ground. I felt him hug me protectively, it was getting harder to breath as I felt myself lose blood. "Tanjiro... cut off that demon's head, I'll give you the honor just this once", when did Tanjiro get here?

Genya put me over his shoulder and I felt as if I was moving in the direction Tanjiro was in. I looked at the other demon I striked before, they were smiling and fading, "so it did work..." I mumbled.

I felt my eyes flutter close, "I can't sleep..." I muttered. I tried to keep my eyes open, I already slept once and I can't leave them to do all the work. I felt Genya move around with me on his shoulder, my vision got blurry but I saw people fighting, Tanjiro and Nezuko I think.

I saw another demon, "is that another upper moon?" I asked. "Yes" I heard a forced reply. "EVIL DEMON! I WILL CUT YOUR HEAD OFF RIGHT HERE!" I heard a male voice scream. It was getting harder to move, I slowly moved my head up to see a dragon-like thing?

I was put on the floor leaning on a tree. I watched as Nezuko, Tanjiro and Genya fought. My eyes fluttered open and closed as I moved my hand to my stomach. I watched them struggle, they need me, they need me, they need me, they need me...

I slowly got up leaning on the tree for support. I stumbled around, Tanjiro was in danger. My eyes closed and opened to see Mitsuri holding Tanjiro on her back. She sat him beside me, "HEY YOU! YOU'RE PRANKS HAVE GONE TO FAR! I'M GONNA TAKE NEZUKO AND GENYA BACK NOW!" Mitsuri yelled confidently. I smiled.

"Shut your mouth harlot. I only take orders from one person in this world", harlot? Did he call her a harlot?

"Now I'm mad, you might look like a kid but you're unforgivable!" Mitsuri said, after blocking the demon's attacks. I laughed and then started coughing. I felt a rough hand on my back and looked up to see Tanjiro right beside me.

Mistrui fought the demon and their attacks. I felt my head go into my arms as I stared at the forest floor. "KANJORI THAT'S NOT HIS REAL BODY! HE WON'T DIE IF YOU CUT HIS HEAD!!" I looked up to see Mitsuri get hit by one of the demon's attacks.

I picked myself from the floor and started running towards Mitsuri just as the demon was about to punch her.

Narrators pov

Y/n, Tanjiro, Nezuko and Genya all jumped on Mitsuri to protect her. Mitsuri's eyes opened in shock as she was carried out of the demon's view.

"I WILL NEVER LET ANY OF MY FRIENDS DIE! THE DEMON HUNTERS ARE MY PRECIOUS HOME. UPPER MOON WHATEVER YOU ARE, I DON'T CARE! I WON'T LOSE TO EVIL PEOPLE. NOW GET YOUR BUTTS READY! IT'S TIME TO GET SERIOUS!"

Mitsuri stood up in position, sword ready in hand, "Leave it to me. I'll protect everyone" Mitsuri muttered angrily.

Mitsuri ran towards the demon as you and the others ran in a group to find the demon's main body.

A root started to grow from the floor. The group hung on to it for life.

Y/n's pov

I held onto the root and felt myself sliding off. I looked and saw Genya eating it? "Are you eating this?!?!" I asked in shock. The root snapped and I fell to the ground along with everyone else.

Nezuko ran up to the top part and set it on fire, Tanjiro sliced it in half and looked on the inside, "where is it?" I asked and looked around.

"YOU LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT! STOP RUNNING AWAY!! DON'T RUN AWAY FROM YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES!! EVERYONE SIN YOU'VE COMMITTED, EVERY EVIL DEED, I WILL MAKE SURE YOU TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR EVERYTHING! YOU CAN'T ESCAPE FROM THIS". I flinched and stared at Tanjiro, I never heard him so angry.

"CUT IT OUT YOU DIPSHITTTT!" Genya screeched and threw the tree in the direction of the demon. Your eyes widened and you felt a smile find its way to your lips.

Genya screamed and continued throwing trees as you all ran after the rat sized demon. Nezuko kept attempting to kill it but missing.

I felt my knees get weaker, I stopped for a split second to catch my breath. My hands went to my knees as I leaned over and threw up. I choked and cried out, "it must hurt..." I heard someone mumble from behind me. I turned around, "who's there?" I called out, hand gripping my sword. I felt hands wrap around my neck from behind me, why is it always my neck... why not my arms? Or waist? Why the fuck would you grab my neck!. I tried to scratch whoever's hands held me up, "mothers are supposed to take away the pain right?". I felt warm tears roll down my face as I struggled against whoever this was. I saw the sun rise in the distance, but we were hidden by trees so if this was a demon I doubt they would get affected.

"Who are you?" I heard someone grunt out, I looked to see Genya standing pointing his gun at whoever held me. "Ahhh, I never meant to cause problems..." I heard a feminin voice mutter. I was thrown to the other side of the path. I cried out when hitting the tree stump, I felt strong arms wrap around my waist to pull me close. Genya held me protectively while pointing his gun to the forest around us. "Did you see who that was...?" I asked. He sighed and shook his head no.

I tried to stand up only for the pain from before to come back, I gripped my wound and laid back down. "I'll bring you to some doctors" was all I heard before my eyes closed shut.