Chapter 12

Genya's pov

My eyes fluttered open, "I must've fallen asleep..."I muttered and looked around.

I saw Y/n sleeping peacefully beside me, she was hugging my arm tightly. I felt my face heat up and I quickly pulled a blanket over her so she wouldn't get cold.

I wrapped my other arm around her waist and pulled her closer to me. I lay back down and chuckled as she snuggled closer to me.

I observed her sleeping body, the way her lips part ways as she sleeps, when they move around slightly. I smiled at the girl in my arms and hugged her body closer to me.

-Time skip :')-

My eyes opened as I looked at the girl in my arms, "oh right..." the memories of last night came back, I leaned my head against the pillow as I watched Y/n sleep.

Her eyes fluttered open and she looked at me, "genya?..." I heard her mutter tiredly. I jumped and fell off the mattress, "are you ok?" Y/n asked quietly.

-Time skip-

Y/n's pov

I walked alongside Genya as we made our way to Mitsuri's house. The dirt road looked like it went on forever.

"Ugh, why are roads so longggg?" I asked as I made it look like I was gonna pass out any second. "If you want I can just carry you again" Genya muttered as he started fidgeting with his hands.

"I would appreciate that, but it gets awkward sometimes especially with this new uniform that makes my chest more visible" I said as I pointed to the top half of my uniform. Genya turned around, "well you don't have to say it like that! It makes things more weird".

"I really need to ask Shinobu for some matches soon..." I muttered to myself.

We continued walking along the dirt path and eventually I accepted my fate and fell to the ground, "the ground is dirty you know..." Genya said while starting to tug on my arm.

"I don't careeeee" I said as I looked up at the blazing sun. "I think the sun wants me dead" I cried out, Genya lifted me in the air and put me against a tree. I closed my eyes and lay against the cold tree, "my legs hurt..." I murmured.

Genya sighed, "then just let me carry you" I thought about it for a few minutes. "Fine" I muttered and watched as he picked me up and held me close.

I sighed and stared at the sky, watching as the clouds flew by. "That cloud looks like a house" I said as I pointed to a random one. Genya nodded, "that one looks like a butterfly," he said, pointing at a cloud in the opposite direction.

I laughed and stared at the different clouds. Before we knew it we were in front of Mitsuri's house, "well... thanks for carrying me" I muttered as I was set to the ground. Genya nodded and looked away.

"Hey Genya... I really like you, you know?" I confessed and looked to see a reaction. "You shouldn't say stuff like that out of nowhere you know?" Genya said as he looked farther away. I could see red spreading to his ears and giggled. "Aww your reaction is so cute" I giggled out, Genya shook his head and turned to face me. "Y/n, I really like you too..." Genya muttered, "and I wanted to be the first one to say..."

I couldn't help but laugh again, "it's fun talking to you, you know? Talking to you is very fun and just... feels different in general" I muttered out the last part. "So promise me Genya" I started, "Promise?" "Promise me you won't die from a demon, promise me you'll live long and promise you'll let me stay in your life" I said trying to sound confident.

Genya looked taken back but nodded, "if I promise, then you have to promise me the same thing, ok?". I chuckled and gave a small nod, "I promise" was all I said as I held out my pinky finger, Genya wrapped his pinky finger around mine "I promise".