Chapter 53

FERRACCO'S POV

I opened the bedroom door and went inside. The room was dimly lit by a pale moonlight spilling from the transparent curtains. I shrugged off my jacket and laid it on the dressing table. I smiled when l saw Jane's small figure curled into a ball on the bed with her blond hair making a curtain about her face.

I strode towards the bed , feeling my every muscle aching with every step l took. It has been a long and tiring day. Dealing with frantic and angry shareholders was more tiring than l could thought. I felt exhausted and very sleepy. I just wanted to join Jane in bed and sleep till midday . l sat beside her on the bed and my hand shot out to remove the hair on her face.

I sat there watching her sleeping face for a long time. Her chest rose and fell with each steady breath she took. Her long ebony eyelashes laid on her creamy cheeks and her full mouth was pouted. She looked young , innocent and vulnerable. Just like when l first met her six years ago. I felt a possessive feeling struck me. I had to protect her till my last breath. I promised myself never to bring her tears but only happiness from now on.

I pulled the blankets over her and kissed her forehead. She stirred in her sleep and mumbled something inaudible. A smile crept on my face. She hasn't changed a bit. She still talked in her sleep and throw away her blankets.

I stroked her cheek gently and she leaned closer to me.

"Ferracco! , " she whispered in her sleep.

The smile on my face widened. I wondered if she was dreaming of me. I leaned down and dropped a light kiss on one of her cheeks. Her eyes flew open and l found myself swirling in the dark depths of her eyes.

She sat up straight and rubbed a hand over her sleepy face.

"Ferracco!," she said again in a groggy voice.

My lips curled into a smile. I hated that name to the extent of changing my identity yet l loved it when Jane called me. I loved the sound of it as it rolls out of that tongue. The name sounded different when it came out of her mouth. It had an intimate ring to it and l found myself imagining a lot of things l could do with her.

I smiled secretly at the direction of my thoughts. Just the sound of my name was enough to set my loins on fire. It was like l was under her spell and l loved it.

I placed a finger on her mouth to silence her.

"Shh! It's late. Just go back to sleep," l told her , lightly stroking her cheek , whilst having a battle within myself.

It was a stressful day. She needed rest and l had to let her get it but somehow my body was refusing to yield to my rational thinking. She closed her eyes and leaned towards me. She opened her eyes again and our eyes locked together. I saw my desire mirrored in her eyes and l knew she was feeling the same way l was doing. Encouraged by that knowledge , l gave in and leaned forward to kiss her but she averted her face. A feeling of disappointment washed over me.

"You are distracting me, Ferracco. We have to talk right now," she told me with an apologetic smile.

"If you are worried about the news , l have took care of it," l told her and she breathed out a sigh of relief.

"It's late. You should get some sleep. I am going to sleep in the guest room," l told her as l got off the bed.

I was not sure she would appreciate my presence in bed after our argument this morning. And besides , l wasn't sure l would sleep in the same bed with her and still be able to restrain myself. I looked back at her when she held back my arm.

"I am sorry for accusing you this morning."

I sat back on the bed with a sigh and held her small face between my hands. I flashed her a sad smile.