Chapter 29

JANE'S POV

I watched him enter Silvia's office. I tiptoed towards the door and hid behind a wall to eavesdrop on their conversation. Luckily he had not completely closed the door and l could peep at them through a small opening.

Silvia gracefully got up from her seat with smirk on her perfectly made face.

"What an unpleasant surprise , Mr Moretti! To what do l owe this visit?," she said in a sarcastic voice.

"So it's now Mr Moretti?," Ferracco responded in an amused voice but his face was still icy.

"I guess we have nothing left so we are back to being professional," she spat out.

Then she regarded him with a suspicious glint in her eyes. Silvia flipped her honey brown hair dramatically batting her long fake eyelashes.

"Are you regretting losing all these?," she drawled earning a loud laugh from him.

The smug smile on Silvia's face died then her face hardened all of a sudden. She placed her hands on her waist and regarded him with a scowl on her face.

"What do you want Lucas?"

Ferracco stopped laughing and the stern look was back on his face.

"When are you going to pick up your stuff from my house,"he cut to the chase.

"So desperate to get rid of me so that you can entertain your various mistresses. Uh? Is that why you came all this way?," she asked in bitter amusement.

Ferracco blew out a breath racking a hand through his jet black hair. A gesture of his when he was frustrated.

"I didn't come to fight , Silvia. I am sorry things turned out this way but I thought we were cool since we never had a real relationship," he said as he cocked a dark eyebrow at her.

Silvia snorted at him.

"I was only angry that you embarrassed me in front of all those guests. I am not that stupid to fall in love with a heartless jerk like you."

Ferracco gave out a deep rich laughter.

"We can always be friends right?," Silvia said in a sultry voice as she drew closer to him.

"What are you suggesting , Silvia? ," he asked with a wicked grin plastered on his face.

"Don't be stupid , Moretti! You know there is nothing like pure friendship between us," Silvia drawled moving closer to him.

I held my breath with my heart pounding so hard against my ribcage. I doubted if l had enough strength to witness what was about to happen. My mind urged me to walk away but it felt as if my legs had turned to jelly.

Silvia reached him and grabbed him by his tie. A smug smile appeared on Ferracco's face at her bold move. She covered his mouth with her own and he grabbed her waist deepening the kiss.

A weird and uncomfortable feeling close to jealousy crept into my chest. My hand flew to my chest as l struggled to breath properly.

What's happening to you , Jane!

Ferracco released Silvia and grinned wickedly at her. His lips had a faint trace of makeup.

"Let's meet tonight at my apartment. Remember no strings attached," he drawled as his index finger traced Silvia's bottom lip.

A smug smile flickered on her face before she roughly clutched his shirt front.

"I know that already. Just shut up and kiss me."