Chapter 22

NO ONE'S POV

Silvia caught her mother's reflection in the mirror. She was standing behind her nervously wringing her hands. A gloomy expression was plastered on her pale face. Silvia could immediately tell that she had been crying before coming to her.

Silvia let out a weary sigh before waving off her makeup artist. Her eyes met with her mother's in the mirror and they held for a brief moment. After the door closed , Silvia turned around to face her mother with a glare.

" Silvia! Listen to me. I am your mother and l have your best interests at heart. You don't have to go through with this charade of a wedding, " Vanessa Paula pleaded with tears glistening in her dark eyes.

" We had this conversation again last night . Why do you insist on hating Lucas to the very end. Do you hate to see me happy , mother ," Silvia said sarcastically.

Vanessa's mouth flew open in disbelief.

"How can you say such a thing! I wish you nothing but happiness," she said tearfully.

" Then give us your blessing," Silvia responded in a firm voice.

" l don't trust him. He is going to hurt you," she choked out, gulping back tears.

Silvia's face hardened as she stared at her mother's damp face with pure distaste. Her mother always knew how to manipulate others into doing what she wants with her crocodile tears. Especially her father!

But Silvia wasn't about to bend to any of that.

" Are you that set on ruining my wedding! Just because you have been stuck in a loveless marriage for centuries, you hate the fact that l might be happier than you. You hate the fact that l am leaving home and you will be alone the whole day while your husband is out there entertaining his various mistresses. You hate to see anyone happy because you are not happy," Silvia blurted out angrily.

Vannessa's mouth hanged open in disbelief. She shook her head as more tears spilled down her flushed cheeks.

" Is that what you think of me? I know that marrying your father was my biggest mistake and he has emotionally hurt me for years but l would never wish anything ill to someone especially my own daughter. I couldn't leave him back then because l discovered l was pregnant with you....," her voice trailed off as she sniffed back some tears.

"I tolerated your father's tyrant ways for years because l couldn't bear to leave you with him. I was scared that he was going to turn you evil just like him," she continued.

A look of furry crossed Silvia's face.

" My father is not evil. You just hate him because he couldn't fall in love with you after all these years. It was an arranged marriage mother for crying out loud. What did you expect!"

" Yours is going to be one. Are you confident Lucas is not going to cheat on you even after being married. You still have a chance to back out before you enter this nightmare of a marriage. "

" Mother stop! Enough. I want you to leave right this instant," Silvia seethed at her.

The door suddenly burst open and Martin Paula strode in . He was wearing a dark blue suit . His huge face was creased into a smile. Vanessa quickly wiped away her tears.

Silvia masked her earlier emotions and put on a fake smile.

" You are the most beautiful bride ever," Martin said proudly as he stoop low to drop a kiss on his daughter's forehead.

" Thank you father."

"Are you ready now?"

Silvia swallowed nervously and nodded her head.