74. Keep Waiting Then

Hello people, I hope you are doing well

Please vote and comment;)

➵ ➵ ➵

Yashvi's POV:

The room was dimly lit, giving it a very cozy feeling. I glanced up at the wall clock and realized that it was almost 9 pm now. I turned to my right to look at Satvik as he walked towards the closet.

He opened the closet and took out a small brown box from inside. I looked away quickly and pretended to be looking around as soon as I saw him turn around.

This felt weird. It's not like him and I have never been alone together in a room before but I don't know why I felt so vulnerable around him right now. And I hated it.

I looked up at him as he sat beside me on the bed. I looked at the box and then up at his face as I waited for him to say something. He kept looking down at the brown box in his hands quietly. His face looked so innocent and sad that I could not help but feel guilty for it.

"Yesterday evening, I came to the gazebo to give you this." He looked up at me before forwarding the box towards me.

Oh, that stupid gazebo! Why did I even have to go there!

I hesitantly looked at the box. I wasn't sure if I should take it or not but I didn't wanted to hurt his feelings. Well, not again.

I took the box from him before opening it. My jaw dropped as I stared at the beautiful pendant necklace. "It's beautiful!" The words escaped my mouth before me realizing it. It was a beautiful crystal, ring-shaped, blue color, Hummingbird pendant necklace.

 It was a beautiful crystal, ring-shaped, blue color, Hummingbird pendant necklace

Satvik eyed me with a faint smile on his face before taking a sigh. "The day before we came here, Rishab and I went shopping, cause he had to buy a gift for Kaajal Di. While at the jewellery shop, I spotted this pendant necklace and it instantly reminded me of you, cause you love Hummingbird. I thought how beautiful you'll look wearing this, so I bought it for you."