1. Fae Lamond 18+

Fae Lamond

(Y/N) P.O.V

Joining the Renaissance Fair wasn't something I thought I would ever do, but I guess I had no choice. I didn't have the best life growing up, my mother was a servant in the King's court, my father was a knight, and they both died when I had just turned 18, leaving me to get married sooner than I thought. Also marrying an orc of all things, don't get me wrong, orcs are great people just didn't see myself marrying one, and of course he was the worst. He would yell, belittle, beat, rape, and kept me locked away until five months later I had enough. I finally got out of the cabin he had us in, and ran to the castle, and begged King Jule to help me. He had his fae doctor to heal me, and sent his men to bring Vild to him. Walking into the throne room as the king questioned Vild about his ways toward me, and when he turned to see me the king's guards had to hold him down for he was trying to charge at me. The king didn't need any more questions, and sentenced Vild to beheading immediately. I had mixed feelings as I watched my husband be beheaded, of course I was happy to be free, but he was the only one keeping me out of the brothels. Being a whore for one man was better than hundreds. After everything is said and done I asked the king if I could work instead of going back, and he said he was coming up with the idea for a festival. So I helped him, and he then asked me to work there. Since the day we started I went from booth to booth, helping everyone, and making sure the people enjoyed this day.

After seven years I'm still here, and still in charge. The King had decided we needed something new, so we put a stage right in the center of the fair. We do something of a talent show, but we have actual performers who we pay to perform. I absolutely loved watching all the different people, and seeing their talents. Like this group of orcs that sang so beautifully, this one human woman danced with a fire ring, but the main one that caught my attention, without my permission, was this man named Lamond. He was a smooth talking, mysterious fae who liked playing pranks on people, and me being the main one. When he first got here he thought he was all that because the King brought him here. The King saw him doing a street show, and saw he had promise, but of course the street rat couldn't be a house mouse. His little tricks started with moving certain things around my booth like my ale mugs or the foil for the turkey legs, and only recently during his performance he would send a fire ball toward me and have it burst with little balls. At first it bothered me, but I've learned he wasn't such an ass. He would always do tricks for kids no matter when or where he was.

He has been here a year now, and everything is still the same. I serve my ale, turkey legs, and Lamond performs almost everyday along with his kids show everyday at four in the afternoon. I've gotten used to those balls of fire, which he calls fireflies, and I could usually see when they are coming. I've stopped moving when they come at me, so I finally felt the tingles it gives me.

Today was a good day, the weather was comfortable, the people were happy, and Lamond has been busy with the kids. I was serving a group of faes when Lamond jumps in my booth, hiding under my table.

"What are you..."

"Shhh." He puts his finger to his lips.

Just then a very big demon came stomping up to me, and he was wet.

"Have you seen a man with long hair, a beard, and tall?" He grumbles.

"A man did run that way, but honestly you won't catch him." I giggle.

"And why not?" He asked, crossing his arms.

"Well..." I feel a hand on my leg. "He moves the air, so he tends to vanish." I say trying not to be caught kicking Lamond's hand away.

"Ugh stupid fae." He stomps away.

"Thanks babe." Lamond smirks as he stands up.

"I should have let him beat you." I put my hand on my hip. "You pushed him in the lake didn't you?" I try not to laugh.