1.1 Vampire Duke Demitri

(Y/n) P.O.V
        When my mother died my father lost his mind. When he started torturing innocent beings I learned just how twisted my father can be, and it made me sick. I once tried to help this little orc girl when he finished with her, and he beat me in the cellar, telling the ones locked down there that no one would help them. Well I still tried sneaking them food, water, or salves for their wounds, but only sometimes father caught me. When I would be locked in the cellar some of the others would help me the best they could. Of course, some guards would turn their heads, but father paid some extra to watch over me. 

        Right now I am locked in the cellar for punishment, because I helped a fae clean his whip marks. This time my father got tired of my disobedience. He decided to give me the punishment of the fae I helped, so I got 20 lashes. I passed out at some point, and I woke up to Kiva, an orc, washing the lashes with some water. After she had tied my dress back, there was a big commotion, and we all huddled together near the back of the cellar. I was in the middle next to Kiva, and she gave me a soft smile. 

        The commotion lasted a long while as we could hear the roars of dragons, screams of men, the clash of swords, and howls of werewolves. Once it was calm enough we heard the locks at the cellar door, and everyone stood, ready to fight till the end. The door is swung open, and a tall man with black hair pulled back, his red eyes pierce through the darkness. 

"Vampire." Kiva whispers. 

"Come with me, King Jule will help you." His deep voice rings out.

        The group comes out of the cellar with the women in the middle, but Kiva holds me by her side as we walk down the hall. Once in the throne room we are met with a pale long haired man with pointed ears.

"I am King Jule, and I have overtaken Silentdew. I would like to know why you were locked away, and hurt so severely. " He talks to us. 

        He goes one by one, and each one wasn't even a crime. One person was locked away, because he looked at father. Once the king stands in front of me, he looks over me, but Kiva blocks his view. 

"You're human." He states. "Why?" 

"I was beaten for helping the creatures he locked away." I simply say, scared to tell the truth. 

"And?" He pushes.

"Unfortunately, King William was my father." I say, looking at my feet ashamed. 

"She helped us, Sire." A man says in a protective tone.

"I'm not going to hurt her." King Jule states as he looks at me. "Guards take them to the healers, and get them proper housing. Princess, you will have the proper chambers." He slightly bows.

"But.." I look at Kiva, and she smiles.

"Go, I'll see you later." She hugs me. 

"This Kingdom is a free land. You all can come, and go as you please.'' King Jule tells us. 

-a couple days later-

           We all have gotten settled into our new living situations, and Kiva has been able to visit as much as we'd like. I got my own room down the hall from the King, and it was actually my mother's. Once King Jule found out about it he didn't let anyone have it. He is wanting to throw a ball to celebrate our Kingdom's new freedom, and he's been pushing for me to go. I just didn't think it was best to celebrate with the people my father tortured, but even Kiva said I should come. I picked the color, Kiva designed it, and told me I couldn't see the dress until the ball. I'm so glad to have her as a friend. When I first got in the room I looked through everything, to try to remember my mother, and just the smell of her made me cry. I found a bunch of hair pins, bracelets, rings, and a red journal book.