Chapter 24: I promise

You wake up the next day with Steve's bulky arms tightly around you. You struggle to move but you look up to Sam sitting in the armchair next to your closet. 

"Good morning, midnight strangler!" He said putting down a file. 

You scoff at his joke, as you try to loosen Steve's grip around you. "A little too early Sam," You say slipping away from and Steve and placing a pillow where you were. "Give me 15 mins, I will meet you on the mats." You say quietly trying not to wake Steve up. 

You walk towards your closet to get your workout clothes when Sam holds your hand and pulls you back. "What happened? Steve told me about the nightmares but you almost choked him out of existence yesterday."

You get out of his grip and walk into your closet as you change, you try to recollect what you did. "Ever since Bucky passed away, well ever since I saw him fall out of that train." You walk out to Sam. "I just couldn't deal with my emotions, my brain went haywire since I wasn't really the talking type." You turn to look at him as you walked down the hall and into the elevator. "Plus, I really didn't have any other friends other than Steve, Bucky, and Peggy so once I lost those two and was dragged back to Asgard I really didn't tell anyone about them, hence not dealing with my emotions," You step into the training room, "therefore nightmares." You shake your hands. 

Sam over the last week became pretty close to you, you were able to open up to him. He listened and understood you, was about to relate to you somehow. You were able to tell him things you knew Steve couldn't take, or understand. He was like your therapist. 

"What about your brothers?" He put his bags down and took his hoodie off, pulling his shirt with it, exposing his beefy puffed-up chest, and his perfectly toned abs. You stared at how fit he was when his voice brought you back. "Y/N?" He smiled when he saw you staring at him. 

"Um, well they don't about this," You say, walking into the mat. 

He gives you a confused look. "But, didn't you say that they were gonna stall for you?" He wrapped his hands.

"Yeah, I didn't tell them about the mission just that I will meet Bucky and set things right then come back." You swing at his hip, but before you can contact his hip, he grabs your hand and twists you, and pulling your hand behind you.

"But don't they know who Bucky is?"

You loosen from his grip and dodge a punch and catch his kick.

"No, actually when Bucky was here neither of them was here, we had a few other things to deal with at the time,"  You pull his leg and flip him over sending him tumbling down. He grabs your led pulling you down in the process. 

"But by the time they were back he left and so did Steve." You climb on top of him holding him down. "Then they got captured by hydra and well you know the rest." You push down on him, but when you slightly loosen he takes his chances and flips you over. 

"So, when are you planning to tell them?" He asked as you choked in-between his strong biceps. You tap out and take his help getting up. 

"Actually I prefer if they didn't know about the whole mission and him being the Winter Soldier." You walk toward your bag to grab your water bottle. "They are very protective of me, if they find out that I am going on a death sentence to recoil with my ex, who just happens to be the most brutal and deadly assassin, it would kinda make them lose their minds." 

"But, you do understand that the best way to help you with your nightmares is through talking to your family, right?" He genuinely sounded concerned, not sympathetic. "Telling them will help you."