Chapter 46: Unwanted Child

"She can't keep disappearing like this, what will the people think?" Your father sat down on his throne with Thor standing with his head down at the bottom of the stairs. 

"Why does it matter what they think?" Thor shook his head. "Father, you didn't really make it easy on the Midgardian." Thor looked up at your father. "You taunted him every chance you got." 

"And what does that have to do with her leaving?"

"She loves him, you know that-"

"that doesn't justify her delinquent behavior. I can't and won't allow her to just run like this."

"Father"

"She is supposed to represent the best of us, but as far as I am concerned, all she has been is a disappointment." 

"Father" Thor stood up straight, you guys weren't always so supportive of each other, but Odin was crossing limits now. "You can't keep controlling her. She is her own person, she is allowed to be who she wants to be. You have no right to just control her like she is one of your servants."

"Watch your words, Thor!" Odin warned. 

"No, don't stop him." Loki stormed in, "You have done nothing but shut us up, for years we just let you rule over us like we were your pets. We are done."

"Loki what is this? Are you raising your voice at your own father?"

"You aren't my father"

"Loki" Odin stood up from his thorn. Both thor and Odin looked at Loki in shock as he stood at the end of the room.

"What am I?" Loki walked towards Odin. 

"You're my son"

"What more than that?" He carefully stepped closer bringing the cold air with him, "The casket wasn't the only thing you took from Jotunhiem that day, was it?" Loki walked up to where Thor stood silent and in shock at what was happening. 

"No" Odin whispered. Loki stopped at the bottom of the stairs with a foot on the bottom-most step. "In the aftermath of the battle, I went into the temple, and I found a baby. Small for a giant's offspring. Abandoned, suffering, left to die, Laufeyson."

"Laufeyson?" Tears brimming in Loki's, he looked up at Odin. 

"Yes," Odin's voice was a whisper, barely loud enough even for him to hear. 

Odin's calm tone made Loki hyperventilate. "Why? You were knee-deep in Jotun blood. Why would you take me?"

"You were an innocent child" Monotone again. 

"No, you took me for a purpose." Loki's breath picking up again, "what was it?" He spoke through his grinding teeth. 

The silence filled the room as Loki waited for Odin to answer him. 

"TELLL MEEEE!" he yelled. 

"I thought we could unite our kingdoms one day. Bring about an alliance, bring about permanent peace. Through you." Odin looked down and away from his kids.

"What?" Loki's voice cracked. 

"But those plans no longer matter" He held his head up, looking at Loki again. 

"So I am no more than another stolen relic, locked up here until you might have use of me-"

"Why do you twist my words?" Odin sounded almost disgusted. 

"Cause you told me what I was from the beginning, why didn't you?" Loki raised his voice. 

"You're my son. I wanted only to protect you from the truth"