f o u r t e e n

Chapter Fourteen: Champagne

Vivian's pov

"Hey stranger," I said as I walked up to spencer.

"H-hi," he spat out.

"Hi," I repeated.

"HI VIVY!" Penelope yelled, waddling over.

"Hey Pen," I chuckled as she pulled me into a hug, squeezing all the air out of me.

"Is this the dress you were talking about? It looks great on you!" she then turned towards Spence "spencer, doesn't Vivan look stunning tonight?"

"Y-yeah, Viv you look g-great." he stuttered.

"Thank you," I said, turning away not so smoothly as I started looking around the bullpen to hide the blush that crept on my cheeks. "it looks great in here," I commented, to turn the conversation away from myself.

"Right? they kicked us out of the office to start decorating and now I see why." Penelope commented before she spotted her date and left me and spencer alone.

"Do you want to grab a drink?" spencer asked.

"Sure," I responded and he led the way to the open bar.

"Huh, looks like they only have champagne. Is that okay for you?"

"Yeah," I said as I took a glass of champagne from him. It tasted funny to me, but then again I only buy champagne for under $20. We joined where the team was immersed in a conversion.

"Welcome to the BAU Vivian." Hotch smiled when Spencer and I came up to the group.

"Actually I've already been here before."

"Really, when?" he asked.

I looked around the group who were trying to hide their smiles and laughter. "Nevermind," I said, which resulted in a fi of laughter exploding. 

After we settled I stuck my hand out for the only face in the group I haven't met. "Hi, you must be beth. It's nice to meet you, I'm Vivan." (A/N: let's pretend hotch and beth are still together for this, okay? okay.)

"Nice to meet you too, Vivian," she smiled.

We all moved to a table where we talked more and sipped on our champagne. I noticed that the others made a face when they tasted the champagne, but they brushed it off. We continued to talk and laugh, waiting for the event to start.

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for attending our BAU ball." a man dressed in a tux began. I glanced around the room and I noticed that security guards were standing less than 6 feet away from each other around the sides and blocking the exits. All the guards had a hand on their sides like they were about to pull something out. 

Their guns...

Oh no, the FBI created a perfect hostage situation without knowing that their 'security' wasn't really secure.

"spencer," I whispered, but he didn't hear me even though he's sitting right next to me. "Spencer," I said a little louder, gaining not only his attention but the whole table also. I apologized to the rest and turned to spencer.

"Somethings wrong," I whispered.

"What? What do you mean 'somethin-" he started but stopped when we heard a loud voice from the back of the room speak out.

"We're all good boss." everyone in the room turned their attention towards the disruption and that's when everyone realized that wall of guards around them with their guns drawn.

"Perfect," the host snickered before pulling out his own gun. "Thank you, everyone, for coming tonight and wearing your finest jewels! It's like you were asking us to rob you! We slipped a little something special in your drinks tonight and if you want to make out here alive... you'll do everything we say."