Chapter Two: The Resolve of A Son

March 8, 2017, 11 PM

Morioh, Japan

The town of Morioh is known for its eccentric, yet thrilling vibe. Landmarks ranging from the Anjuro Rock, a boulder that oddly resembles the face of a missing death row inmate; to the Man Living in A Tower, where a man who calls himself Toyohiro Kanedaichi lives and hasn't touched the ground in twenty years; are scattered throughout the cityscape.

Perhaps even more strange is its high concentration of Stand users. For a town as large as it is, it has an unusual number of these gifted people. Some are known throughout Japan and the world, such as Rohan Kishibe, the bestselling manga artist and writer; some have high, rewarding positions, such as Koichi Hirose, a diplomat working at the Embassy of Japan in Washington D.C; and some are normal, everyday civilians such Okuyasu Nijumura, manager of St. Gentleman's bakery. Well, as normal as it gets in Morioh, at least.

In one of the houses in this remarkable town was a 33 year old man sitting at the kitchen table with his five year old son. The young boy was seemingly scribble random lines on paper when his father noticed something.

"Hey, buddy, are you drawing a picture of me?" the dad asked.

"Yeah! See, that's you with your funny hair!" the boy laughed.

If this incident happened 18 years prior, he surely would've hurt the child. But not now. The man was an adult, with his own family and responsibilities. Instead, he patted his son on the back.

"Looks great, Joshuro!" he praised his son. The boy shifted his hand to the left of the page, drawing something beside the mimicry of his dad.

"Oh, you're drawing something else now. What is it?" the dad asked.

"It's a surprise. I'll tell you when I'm done."

"A surprise, huh? Alright then, I'll-

The phone in the man's pocket suddenly vibrated. He took it out to see a new notification.

"An email?" he whispered to himself. "Joshuro, dad needs to do something important. Be a good boy and stay here while I do it, alright?"

The boy nodded.

"Thanks, bud!" the man said, dashing out the front door and shutting it, but not locking it. He sat on the front steps and opened the email app on his phone. He tapped the new message and began to read it.

TO: Inspector Josuke Higashikata of the Morioh Police Agency

FROM: Chief Deputy Leonard Hanks of the Halen County Sheriff's Office

Dear Inspector,

I am leading the team investigating the death of your father, Mr. Joseph Joestar. This message is to inform you of new developments in the case. While it has taken some time, we can confidently say that his death was not an accident. Upon conducting a very thorough search around the scene of the crash, we discovered elements that were not originally present there. It is important to know that this crash occurred in a very isolated part of New York State, which makes this suspicious. We have positively identified a person of interest. His name is Dr. Willis Nicholson. He is 40 years old, five feet and ten inches in height, weighs 175 pounds and is of American nationality. He most recently worked for the Speedwagon Foundation in Dallas, Texas, but his current whereabouts are unknown. Attached below is a photo of him.

If you have any more information, email me or call the number below:

(881)-340-5317

We are grateful for your continued cooperation. As always, our thoughts are with you and your family.