Chapter Forty-Five: Third Eye Blind and Chamber of Reflection

"Give it some more thought. I'll give you one more chance. No one else will have to die miserably as your mom did." Nicholson said with an intimidating tone.

"Oi... it was one thing to make Mr. Joestar die, and it was another to make Shizuka's life so terrible. But letting my friend die and almost killing another? You're a hypocrite, Nicholson. You only care about saving people when it benefits you. And you... you just had to bring my poor dead mother into this, didn't you? I won't show you any mercy, you old piece of shit! I'll give Shizuka her life back!" Clapton raged.

"So be it," Nicholson said, accepting that his words had no effect on Clapton. "I don't like causing death, but that's the only thing I can give you now. You know too much. Do you have any last words, Clapton?"

Clapton suddenly smirked, even with his body feeling twice as heavy. 

"How does your ankle feel?" Clapton said with a mix of confidence and anger.

Nicholson looked down at the back of his ankle, and noticed the sharp, piercing pressure increasing by the second. The thing causing pain in his achilles tendon was a black widow spider, manifested from a part of Brooklyn Zoo's body.

Instinctively, Third Eye Blind picked up the small creature and crushed it in its palm, dropping its lifeless exoskeleton onto the rocky ground of the island.

"You think a measly spider can stop me? I've been injecting myself with small amounts of toxins for years. I'm immune to them. Just stop it, Clapton. I'll make your death as painless as possible." Nicholson said.

"You think I would only use a measly spider? I'm the boy wonder. Why do you underestimate me now?"

Nicholson began to feel his skin crawling. It felt itchy, but Nicholson remained unperturbed.

"What is it this time? Ants? Don't tell me you're going to sting me to death with fire ants."

"You'll wish they were fire ants." Clapton said.

As if on command, the hundreds of 'ants' simultaneously exploded, but with much more force than their natural counterparts. Nicholson fell down to the ground hard as different parts of his body began to bleed heavily. Slowly bringing himself back up to his feet, it was evident that he had taken on some damage, and that Clapton was winning so far.

"Why won't you just let yourself die? You're making it way harder then it has to be. Just... stop." Nicholson said, panting heavily.

"I want you to feel the pain. I want you to feel all the pain that Mr. Joestar, Shizuka, and our friends felt because of you. You don't deserve a quick death." Clapton said angrily. Though upset, he was somewhat glad, knowing that the information he had learnt on the autothysis of older Neocapritermes taracua termites had come in handy.

"Alright then," Nicholson said. "You've been firing the shots so far. Time for me... to take mine." 

Nicholson grabbed a handful of silt from the ground and flung it at Clapton's face, momentarily blinding him. This gave Third Eye Blind the opportunity to send a punch directly towards his heart so incredibly fast that it would've killed him instantly. Brooklyn Zoo, unable to guard such an agile and powerful strike, moved Clapton just enough that such a vital area of him wouldn't get destroyed, and instead sacrificed several of Clapton's ribs to become fractured in multiple areas. Clapton fell to his knees and threw up a copious quantity of blood.

"I can't... I can't..." Clapton muttered between pained breaths. "...stop here... not until... she's safe..."

"Why didn't you just take the hit, huh?" Nicholson called out. "Look at how much you're suffering now. Do you honestly think you can stop me? You can't. Even if your Stand could match my Stand's physical capabilities, you can't outwork its manipulation of gravity."