Chapter Five: Uninvited Guest

Stand User: Broudie

Age: ~45

Stand Name: Blood Runs Cold

Power: C

Speed: D

Range: C

Stamina: B

Precision: C

Potential: D

An hour had passed since Broudie's defeat. Shizuka dragged herself to her dorm door, exhausted from trying to search for Monica after she noticed that she was gone, and was still mostly dirty from having her entire body caked in mud. She decided to look for her in their room before informing the housemistress of her disappearance.

She twisted the door open and slowly pushed it forward. Inside, she saw a figure sitting on her office chair. 

"Oh, hi there, Jojo!"

Shizuka immediately raised her fists in preparation for a fight, even though she didn't have much strength. She likely wouldn't have won anyway, given her opponent's sheer size and weight.

"Clapton! Why the fuck are you in my room, bastard? How did you get in here, and where's Mon-

"Jojo, calmati!" Calm down, a familiar voice said. "He's alright."

"M-Monica?' Shizuka said. She saw the girl sitting in her bed, holding a half-eaten slice of pizza.

Shizuka looked amused, knowing that her friend was alright.

"Monica, you're okay. But now, the question is, why is this guy here? He's our enemy."

Shizuka's face quickly transitioned to a look of anxiety as she made a realization.

"Is- is he controlling you? Did he make you lead him here?"

Monica and Clapton both chuckled at her, almost hysterically. Shizuka didn't know whether to be mad or confused. She looked at them with a puzzled expression.

"Jojo, he's a good guy. He didn't want to hurt either of us. See, he even warmed up our pizza and cleaned out our microwave." Monica said as she came back to her senses.

Shizuka went over to it and opened it. Her eyes grew with astonishment.

"Damn, this thing is clean. But there's gotta be more to it," She walked back to Clapton and stared him in the eye, her face mere inches away from his.

"Why are you acting so friendly now after your little shenanigan with that old dude? What's the story between you two?" she asked him like an interrogator. 

Clapton smiled slightly.

"I never had any animosity towards you two. I only did it because he was going to pay me."

"You sided with that weirdo for money? Why do you even need it? You go to Lennon Institute just like us two, you practically have pounds growing off trees back at your house!"

"Not true at all," Clapton sighed. "I came here on a rugby scholarship. If I didn't have it, I never would've been able to attend this school."

Shizuka had a small, sudden surge of affinity for him. But not enough that it would sway her from continuing to question him.

"Tell me. Tell me everything that you and that guy did together."

"Since you're so persistent, I guess I'll tell you. A few months ago, I noticed him hanging around on the road that leads to the school. I didn't think too much of it at first, but it's when he consistently kept wandering about over there that I became curious. So I talked to him, and he said that he was given a job by someone, and that he needed help doing it. I was in a bit of a pinch financially, so I said I'd help him. Right there, he shoved a round disc into my face,"