Chapter Thirty-Three: The Lost Branch

Stand User: N/A

Age: N/A

Stand Name: 500 Miles

Power: E

Speed: E

Range: E

Persistence: A

Precision: A

Potential: E

Orlando, Florida, March 2012

Jotaro Kujo, accompanied by Speedwagon Foundation representatives, was making one of his many rounds around hospitals in the Orlando area. He was searching for people who knew more than they should've. Things that regular people shouldn't have known. It had only been a week since the events that changed the world forever happened. Even though the great battle had ended, Dr. Kujo's work still hadn't finished. He had to make sure that no traces of Father Pucci's influence still lingered. The priest had died in their ultimate fight, and his body was disposed of in the Atlantic Ocean. That didn't mean that people he'd charmed didn't want to carry out his wishes, just as he carried out the wishes of DIO. 

Jotaro was sweating. He hated the fact that all of this derived from DIO's legacy. That man and his doings were the only things that Jotaro truly had pure, unadulterated hate for. He was the man who terrorized the Joestar family for over a century, and even to that day, still gave him occasional nightmares.

Jotaro and his associates were just about to leave leave this particular hospital, when Jotaro saw a door number and stopped.

"This room... we still haven't checked this room." he said.

He knocked on the door, and the voice of an Italian man responded.

"Who is it?" the man asked.

"We are the Speedwagon Foundation. We'd just like to ask you a few questions, if you're okay with that. May we enter, please?"

"Speedwagon Foundation? Y-Yes, please, do enter."

Jotaro and the representatives entered the room, and just in front of him was a young blonde man sitting in a chair next to another man who was of a similar age, sporting pink and black hair, although he was laying in a bed asleep. Jotaro's eyes dilated as he recognized the blonde man.

"You... you're the one... who killed the priest..." he said to Giorno.

Giorno pointed to a chair and asked Jotaro to pull it near him so that they could have a proper conversation. Jotaro wanted answers, so he did what Giorno asked of him.

"It was ultimately you who killed him, sir. All I did was nullify his movements."

"Yes... you're correct. You passed him to me and let me execute the final blow. What kind of power was that? What Stand do you have that could be that dominant?"

"It was only a temporary effect. I got it by way of a Requiem Arrow. I presume that someone who got into the position of fighting someone so compelling has an idea of what it is, correct?"

Jotaro had a blank look on his face as he remembered his friend Jean-Pierre Polnareff, who had gone to investigate Stand Arrows in Italy but had never returned. Jotaro pushed the thought away and got back on track with his questions.

"I see that you're a foreigner. Could you tell me why you were at Cape Canaveral at that specific time? Why did you decide to help me and my group?" 

"I'm... an extremely busy man," Giorno said, choosing his words carefully. "I have tight schedules. I've had them for a long time. I'd decided to take a well-deserved break somewhere with some friends and family. But for some odd reason, I felt really drawn to Florida. So I thought, 'why not go there and visit Disneyland', and what not. But... as soon as I paid a visit to that Space Center... everything changed. And I came to this hospital room after that. I felt a connection to this man in the bed, even though I don't know him. And as for why I helped you... I'm not too sure. I'm not the type of person to butt into situations that don't involve me, but the way it was going, it would've surely involved me had I not gone in and done something about it. I guess that's why. It was really a gut feeling, if I had to be honest."