11

Son looked normal.

Perth had him wear his black jumper with the words 'teenage runaway' written on it. One which his sister would say "why would you wear that, you're no longer a teenager" every time she sees him in those and in retort, he'd smack her forehead - the result is always world war three. And if it looks big on Perth, it completely swallowed Son's petite body, his fingers just barely poking out of the sleeve. For pants, Prem had given him his jeans he had since high school - when he was a lot small. It fit perfectly everywhere except for around Son's bum; it was exceptionally tighter around that region. Perth and Prem may have let their eyes linger on the sight a tad bit longer than necessary.

Prem fixed Son's hair, putting on Perth's maroon beanie and letting his fringe out. Perth then grabbed pair of glasses he used to own before he started wearing contact lenses putting it on Son in attempt to hide Son's eyes. It worked, those black rims actually help hid Son's beautifully abnormal eyes behind it and he was ready to get out of the little apartment he had been spending two days in.

"Did you give Boun a call?" Prem asked, grabbing his snapback and putting it on, he then put his brown coat on Son, adding an extra layer to protect the small boy from the cold.

"Yeah, he's in the ward now. Said to call him when we arrive" Perth replied, checking his pockets to make sure he has everything.

Son kept biting on the sleeve of the jumper, his fringe falling over his eyes and Perth couldn't help but feel that this was how he is supposed to look - like a teenager. All normal and trying to follow the current fashion trends, not trapped in a place where people could hurt him day by day. It angered Perth thinking what else was stole from Son other than his childhood and innocence?

Perth held his hand out to caress Son's cheek, startling him and he looked up to see Perth smiling fondly at him. In return Son nuzzled his face to Perth's hand. Both of them lost in each other's eyes, not noticing how Prem was smugly smiling at both of their gestures. Perth might not have noticed but Prem sure did. In the depth of his stomach he was worried Son was going to get hurt because fuck his best mate was still so confused of his orientation but Prem dismissed the feeling, forcing himself not to over think.

Once everyone was all nice and warm, they walked out of the apartment and into the car, Perth in the driver's, Prem in the passenger's and Son in the back seat. Prem had turned on the radio, letting it murmur lightly in the background while the car was filled with comfortable silence. Throughout the whole journey to the hospital they could hear Son in the back humming along the songs although he knew none of it. When they passed something interesting like a café or a shop, Son would excitedly jump over to the window, staring out in awe.

"What's that?" Son asked after they passed a line of people queuing up for tickets at the theatre.

"The theatre, Son" Perth replied simply, eyes focused on the car infront of him. An old lady was driving and she was certainly testing Perth's patience.

"Theatre?"

"Where are we going, mummy?" Saint asked, gripping his mother's hand to get her attention.

"To the theatre, Son" his mother answered, looking down and smiling at him.

"Mummy said we're going to watch a movie!" Sammy exclaimed happily. Jumping slightly, she was holding their mother's other hand.

"What movie?" Saint asked a little bit more.

"You'll see" his mother winked.

They never actually watched a movie that day.

The car stopped and Son blinked to see that he was still in Perth's car with the lad and Prem, not somewhere in his distant past with his mother and his sister. Perth unbuckled his seatbelt before turning his upper body and smiling at the young boy sitting in the back seat. "We're here" he said, fixing the glasses Son had on so it wouldn't slip off his nose.