31

Son whimpered as the pain ripped through the lower part of his body, his fingers going weak causing him to drop the cup of tea he was holding onto his lap. The warm tea spilled onto the duvet that was thick enough it didn't hurt his thighs.

Tuli Tanapon, who had been a regular visitor after her husband told her whose child Son was carrying in the unexpected turn of events were actually her grandchildren, hastily made her way over to the boy, leaving the plate of biscotti she was planning to give him for their afternoon tea time.

"Son dear, are you alright?" she asked, concerned laced in her voice as she placed a soothing hand on the boy's back.

Son was thinking of nodding his head, suddenly everything seemed well, the pain subsided, but all of a sudden he grunted as another tearing pain erupted from his lower abdomen radiating up his spine and down to his legs. The pain caused a pounding to his head and he was ready to pass out from everything.

"You are not alright, I'm calling help" Tuli was quick to act, immediately reaching out and pressing for the red button just by Son's bedside, alarming the emergency team.

"Premie, it hurts."

"You'll be alright, Son, you'll be alright."

"Gah-!" Son screamed, giving Prem's fingers a deathly grip. Once the pain had gone down for a moment, Son sobbed, tears springing out of his blue eyes. It was like a cycle - a contraction pain would hit him and he'd be in terrible agony, after it subsided for the moment, Son would cry a river before another contraction would repeat itself.

"I want Perth-," he cried, falling back onto the pillow, "Perth, it hurts. Make it stop, Perth."

"Shh, Son, Shh," Prem tried to comfort the distraught boy, swallowing the spasm he felt in his throat and chest knowing that Perth was in another continent at that point of time completely unaware that Son was about to birth his children.

"We can't hold it up any longer," Jack told his team just by the monitors that were connected to Son "take the babies out now or risk losing all three of them."

One of the younger specialist that was caring for Son's health wanted to debate how the twins in Son's belly were premature and because they were conceived through an unorthodox way, a pregnancy carried out by a man even, the odds are taking them out would kill them too but he wasn't one to argue with the Senior Tanapon. So he nodded along with the rest and began the work out for a caesarean section on Son.

It wasn't that Jack didn't know of the odds, he knew, he was the expert; he was the man running the show. But keeping the babies in will surely kill Son and the twins. Taking them out was another gamble, they could end up with the twins alive and Son dying or having them both dead or vice versa. To Jack there were better chances taking the babies out.

Sighing, he ushered the guests out of the room, leaving him with his team to perform the emergency procedure.

"Congratulations, sweetheart" Tuli kissed the top of Son's head, the blue eyed lad's mind still hazy from the anesthesia. He smiled weakly at the woman, thanking her. Son grew fond of Perth's mother; she filled the whole in his heart having his own mum selling him to pay the bills.

"Son, you're a daddy!" Yacht cheered from the edge of the bed. Son groaned in response, feeling it was too loud, like Yacht's voice was a knife that jabbed through his eardrums. Prem gave Yacht a hit to the head, whispering loudly how they've talked about being quiet. Apologizing, Yacht went up and kissed Son on his cheek followed by Prem. He muttered how proud he was and how strong Son was, taking Son's hand in his kissing the boy's knuckles - he could only imagine what Son had been through.

"How you're feeling?" Boun suddenly appeared, snaking his arm around Prem's waist and pulling him towards his own body. He had always been a little bit jealous but Prem didn't mind it one bit, he found it rather cute for the older man to love him that much.

"Sleepy" was Son's reply. Indeed he was, he felt like if he closed his eyes, he'd immediately be pulled into slumber. Like there were bricks hanging down his eyelids, pulling them.

"Well go to sleep, dear, when you wake up, we'll take you to see your babies," another voice sounded to his right - it was Jack. He was in a greenish scrub, something different than the suit and tie Son always see him in.

Smiling dopily to older Tanapon, Son closed his eyes and muttering a thank you once more before falling asleep again.

Six weeks later, the babies weighed enough to be taken out of their intensive care and Son was finally able to hold them.

He sat in his room on one of the sofas Prem would occupy back when he was still pregnant just to look after him. He was carrying Philippe while Jack sat on the armchair, carrying Eva. Eva making a lot more noises that her older brother and Jack blew raspberries to her cheek.

It took a while (a long while) for Son to actually be comfortable around the older man and no one blamed him, Jack was the one that ordered these tests on him. Tuli when she found out what happened ignored Jack for a whole month and came to visit Son regularly just so she could apologise on her husband's behavior.

Eventually, Son got used to having Jack visit him, not just for checkup purposes but because the man was genuinely concerned for him - the lad carrying his grandchildren, the lover to his son. Jack even hired a psychiatrist for the young traumatized boy in order to try and rid him of his fears, to try and help him. They soon could have a pretty normal conversation without Son being bitter and sarcastic to Jack.

"She has your eyes, Saint. And Perth's lips" Jack stated, lovingly gazing over his granddaughter.

Chuckling, Son said, "She looks like Tuli to me."

"Perth does have more of his mother's features. Yihwa is the one that looks like me."

"I've never seen your daughter, sir."

"She's independent, always been," Jack smiled; Son could only imagine the older man seeing his daughter in his eyes. When was the last time they actually talked? "I have this tendency of drawing my children away from me. I'm not a very good person, Saint."

"You're just being a father, it's only natural," as Son said that he run his thumb on his son's cheek, then bringing to Philippe's face close to kiss his forehead, "I will do anything to protect them."

It's true, if anyone dares to take his babies away, he'd gladly stab a knife to their necks.

"I love my children, always have, I just I have a terrible way of showing it to them," Jack confessed, "my father was never around for me. I guess I thought that's how fathers should be. I only realised my mistake when Perth found you. I knew nothing of my children's life besides them being mine."

Bringing Philippe up, to see the baby's eyes open and a smile on its face, Son said, "it's not too late you know."

Smiling and shaking his head lightly, Jack got up to place Eva back into her cot, "I should start by bringing you and Perth back together."

••••••
I am full of energy to finish that MF sad story🥱