The Invite

Anabelle's P.O.V.

The Following Monday, In Science Class...

"Hey, Belle!" Adam's voice greeted me from behind. I didn't know how far away he was from me, but I could feel his warm breath on my neck, which was both nerve racking and annoying.

"Easy, there! Don't drop that mercury!!" Adam warned as he went around the table to face me. As I said, mostly nerve racking. I juggled the beakers in my hands as I finally got control again.

"What brings you to my humble table?" I tittered as I poured the mercury into a petri dish.

"Well...um...remember that last lab we did?" Adam sounded awkward... Then I remembered how our last lab was a month ago, where his partner who had a great fear of fire got to experience it first hand! Let's just say, he either overcame his fear, or it made it much worse.

"Oh. Yeah...um... How's Marty doing?" I awkwardly asked as I awkwardly adjusted the googles I was forced to wear when dealing with chemicals. That's chemistry class for you.

"Eh, just okay. He um, probably won't be back to do this lab, so I'm kinda partner-less." He scratched the back of his neck and gave me a unsure smile.

"So what I'm hearing is that you've come to me for a partner?" I lifted my eyebrow at him.

"Yup. Pretty much." He bluntly replied.

"Okay!" I complied quickly, but he looked surprised but then relieved as he grew a grin.

"So...what should I do?" He asked as he moved a stool next to mine.

-

"...Okay, I think I'll keep you if you promise not to injure me during this lab!" I laughed with Adam as we were walking out of science class into the crowd of crazy teenagers.

"One time! Just ONE time and you get judged for it!" I chuckled as he was whining.

We were starting to get into the herd of teenagers when I ran into Tyler while talking with his brother.

"S-Sorry- uh, um...well," Tyler was smirking down at me as I stuttered which probably wasn't the greatest sign, since I could see in Adam's expression he had figured out we knew each other.

"Hey, Belle!" Tyler greeted me before Adam could say anything. Now I could see in Adam's face his assumption had become fact.

I gave Tyler a nervous chuckle and was really wanting to just leave.

"Hey! Person! Well, gee! Look at the time! I-should-go-feed-my dog! See ya!" I spoke my really lame excuse in one huge word with many syllables as I quickly escaped into the crowd.

~~~

Adam's P.O.V.

"Wait, you know each other?" I couldn't help myself...I just had to ask. I mean she looked blanched when she saw Tyler's face. He had a smug look when he recognized her. He had done something and I needed to find out.

"Yeah. You know each other too?" Tyler grew a smirk as he continued to look the direction Belle had left.

Belle.

Only I call her that!

"Yeah...we're lab partners." I was trying really hard not to sound like I even cared but I guess I didn't have to pretend much since he was clearly not paying much attention to me. A crowd of popular girls passed by and checked him out as he too winked at the leader of the pack.

Typical.

The girls giggled like crazy and as always, I was left in the shadows. Did they even see me?! Was I really that invisible?!