I'll Wait For You

Anabelle's P.O.V.

"Well, I should get home.." Meridith was still thinking about Madison. I could see it in her green eyes.

"Huh? Oh, yeah! I should go home too." She finally snapped out of it and we both walked to the exits of the gym. The janitors started coming in.

As I was exiting the creepy building- trust me it's creepy enough during the day. When I saw Adam sitting on the cement steps of the entrance. He was just looking out into the distance, when he heard the door slam behind me he turned around to see who it was. His reaction turned from hopeful to disappointed.

"Well, hello to you too!" I told him letting him know my acknowledgement of his expression displayed on his face. He then smiled. I couldn't help but smile back. He patted the step next to him as a sign to sit next to him. I don't know why but he's been quite persuasive today; I went over to sit next to him.

"How are you." He asked still smiling widely. I chuckled.

"I'm perfectly fine! Thank you for asking! Now I'm going to ask the same! What's up with you? Why are you still here?"

"My dear brother apparently left without me." He scoffed as he looked again off into the distance where the streetlights and occasional headlights lighted the road.

"Oh..well that's not good." Should I offer him a ride? Where does he even live? Probably a fancy mansion or something.

"Why don't you call him?" I suggested. He smirked and showed me his phone. It had a huge crack on the screen. He then showed me with his fingers how he couldn't unlock it because it wasn't sensitive to touch anymore.

"Oh...well that's not good." He chuckled when I said that. He slipped it into his back pocket and again looked off into the road.

"Do you think he'll come back?" I asked.

"Nah, I'm pretty much invisible in my family- heck I'm invisible everywhere I go. I guess I blend into the crowd well. They probably won't even notice me gone, you wouldn't understand." He mumbled the last part.

"Are you kidding me?! 90% Of the people I know think I'm new. I'm not! I've been in the same school for the last three years! That's the longest I've been at a school and yet people still treat me like I'm new." He looked at me like I gave him more information than he needed to know. Maybe that was a lot of information. But I stand by it, he needs to know that I'm worse off! He's rich for Pete's sake! I'm lower middle class, that's gotta count for something, right?

"Well, I noticed you if that counts." He gave me a slight bump that I returned.

"It's getting late-"

"Yeah, you should go." Is he trying to get rid of me?!

"No."

"What?"

"I said no."

"Are you objecting my command?" He lifted his eyebrow at me with a fake serious tone.

"As a matter of fact, I am!" I tried to use my most serious tone but at the end I couldn't so I giggled and he chuckled. I got up and walked down the few extra steps and looked at him. He looked at me confused.

"Do you want a ride?" He then gave me the I-Don't-know-let-me-think-about-it face. "If you don't hurry up, the offers off the table!" I sang the last part as I started walking away.

"So are you coming or not?" I asked him. He got up and started walking with me.

"I'm walking to your rusty pick up truck, right?"