Basketball Game

Anabelle's P.O.V.

Penelope texted us around 4:30ish that she had successfully planted her seed. So in other words, Tyler had fallen for her trick.

To celebrate we decided to watch how he humiliated himself at the basketball game--

~~~~7pm At the Basketball Game~~~~~~

"Hey, Belle! Over here!" It was Tyler's brother...I still don't know his name. It's kinda sad.

He was 7 rows behind the front row of bleachers. There was 10 rows of bleachers. There were two other guys who looked like nerds next him. I'm guessing they're his friends..at least he has friends!

I have none.

He was motioning me to sit with him and his buddies. I gotta' admit, it was kinda nice to get noticed.

I waved at him and made my way through the crowd.

My original plan was to sit in the back, where no one would notice me...not that they would notice me even if I tried.

Soon we were sitting next to each other. The crowd was so loud it was hard to hear anything really.

"I didn't know you were a basketball fan!" Tyler's brother yelled over the crowd to me. Our eyes met for a split second --his eyes are dark blue-- then we awkwardly laughed and looked at the court.

"I'm not a huge fan...but today is different." I didn't want to be completely dishonest with him...don't judge me! He seems like a nice guy! Jeez!

"What's different about today?" He asked me intrigued as he smirked. Great! I didn't plan him asking me this! I didn't really think this through..

We're gonna humiliate your brother!:D

"I don't know, it just feels different." I shrugged as I answered him. To be honest it sounded better in my head, so I didn't say it.

He lifted an eyebrow at me and then chuckled as he gave up on trying to decipher the meaning.

"HEY, ADAM?! WHO'S THE CHICK OVER THERE?! DID YOU FINALLY FIND A LOSER WHO'S WILLING TO BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND?!" The snide remark came from one of Tyler's friends. The rest of the Jocks started laughing at Adam.

"Very funny guys! Yeah, no...she's not a loser, and she's not my girlfriend." Adam replied to them still keeping his eyes on the court. He had this calmness in his voice that It just calmed my boiling anger, I wanted to yell at the idiots.

The idiot turned his attention toward me when he got no reaction with Adam.

"What?! You're not his girlfriend?! You-"

"-Leave her alone, Matt. You like picking on me, remember!" Adam interrupted stupid Matt, he still seemed distracted by the game but he was aware of the conversation. The lack of attention he was giving them caused them to leave him alone and go bother another of their regulars.

"Do they always pick on you?" I asked Adam as he finally took his attention from the game and glanced over at me.

"Yeah, the poor idiots have nothing better to do." He shrugged and did the wave with the rest of the crowd. When we sat down again, he looked at me puzzled.

"What?" He asked me, I guess I must've been frowning too noticeable that he had to ask.

"Well, I don't get it..why don't you do something about it? Why not tell an adult or something?! Tell somebody!" He just chuckled and then ignored me.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS GUY?!
"Well?!" I lightly punched him on his arm to get his attention again. The playful smile he always had disappeared.