Into The Wild

(See, how I did the font for their name in the pic?! :D that's supposed to be their handwriting! xD)

Anabelle's P.O.V.

"So, Ana...what does your dad do for a living?" Mr. Wild's brown eyes focused on me. He had brown hair that was perfectly combed back slick and clean. He was cleanly shaved and was wearing a suit but took the tie off, to be more comfortable when he got home.

He definitely had the C.E.O. appeal and serenity.

"Um..W-Well...um...he-he's a judge." Of course I had to stutter in my answer because that's just how cool I am.

"A judge, really?" He sounded surprised but somewhat pleased. Tyler lifted an eyebrow at me like he didn't believe it.

"What kind of judge?" Mrs. Wild asked intrigued.

"He's a U.S. District Court judge." That's the one thing I know about my dad...other than the fact that he's an "A**hole" as my mom would put it.

Now you may be wondering by now as to why I don't really mention a father figure? Well...um...how do I put it? My dad is the biggest Skip my mom has encountered.

In fact, he's the one who started the Skip list.

"Wow! Wait, there's only four in California? And none of them are Peters." Ugh! Do they have to ask these many questions?!

"Oh, that's because Peters is my mom's maiden name. My dad's last name is Thompson." I explained as I took in another fork full of broccoli.

"Oh, so Adrian Thompson is your dad?" Mrs. Wild guessed. I didn't even bother to respond that time, I just nodded.

"Wait, so you have your mother's last name? Why not your father's?" Mr. Wild seemed more intrigued with my family dynamics which were pretty bonkers if I do say so myself.

"Umm...well, my parents were never married and my dad just skipped out in the whole responsibility department for me. My mom's a single mom, so she felt like having his last name would be kind of an insult if in reality she's my only present parent." I practically just told them the root of my problems...maybe I shouldn't have.

When I looked over at Mrs. Wild, she had pity in her eyes and that bothered me.

She looked at me the same way you would look at a puppy who's lipping in the pouring rain all alone.

Tyler stared at me like trying to read my emotions, because I never realized how touchy that subject was to me until I said it out loud.

I felt like I was going to cry, but that would be seriously stupid if I did. So I tried to hold it all in.

THAT'S IT! NO MORE!!! NO MORE SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION!!!
FROM NOW ON, I ONLY COLLECT INFORMATION!!! .

"Well, that's a real shame. You know, I had an encounter with your father...um...I'd say a year or two back?" He looked over at his wife for help.

"One year, Honey." She assured him.

"Yeah, well, anyways...we had a small misunderstanding that ran out if control and we ended up in court with one of our partners, nevertheless it's fixed now and he was the judge for our dispute." Mr. Wild briefly explained.

Yet, what the heck was the point of telling me this?

My dad does his job well?

I already know that!