Chapter 14: "thanks dad."

Maddy Pov
It had been a really long day. I didn't think I would be saying this but I just wanted my birthday to be over. My things were still in the hospital wing from this morning so I stopped there before going to the common room.

I went up to my dorm to change out of my keeper uniform. I placed all the items in my hands on the side table, the little green box creeping me out. With a tap of my wand I was back in school uniform. I still had one hour till dinner, meaning it was 5:30. For about the fourth time today I decided to go and visit dad. I slipped my wand and the little box in the pocket inside my robe. I left the empty dorm and went down to the common room. Draco seemed to be having a heated conversation with Blaise and Pansy was talking with some of the other girls. I slipped out and walked down the broad stair cases. I remembered the first time I walked in with Hermione. We enteredthe great hall, she told me about the enchanted ceiling and how I sraight away sat with Gryffindor.

I took a deep breath and knocked on dads office door. "Enter." His voice relieved me. I opened the door and walked in. "Aha Maddy. How are you feeling? He asked looking up from his work. "I'm good. How's defence teacher?" I asked trying to see what he was doing. "It was fine. Sit down." He said picking up the papers and putting them in a drawer next to him. "Happy birthday." He said passing me a wrapped present. "You didn't have to give me anything dad." I said smiling at the present as i unwrapped it. It was a book, a spells book. It wasn't one of those fancy published books. It was more like a few pieces of parchment stapled together. The cover was a plain cover with the words, 'spells from us' printed in neat writing. I opened the book and looked at a few of the spells and there description. "Wow these are awesome spells." I said looking at the detail. "Thanks dad." I looked up at him. "I'll see you st dinner then?" He said, queuing for me to leave. "Uh, yeah. Just one more thing." I said pulling out the box. He just looked at it. "And...?" He asked. "Open it." I said. He did and immediately understood what I meant. "You know what you have to do then?" He said. "Yeah, but Potter needs it not me." I said taking the box back. "Well then get close to him, so you can give it to him." He said obviously wanting me to leave. "Ok." I got up and left. What was up with him? I going to take on his advice, I was going to have to get closer to Potter if I were to complete my mission.

On my way back to the Slytherin common room I had an idea. I could get into some trouble but it would be worth it, plus it would be really fun. I placed the box back in my pocket and ran back to the common room avoiding clueless first years. It was only their second day but the souldn't really be hanging around the halls.

The common room pretty much empty. I ran up the steps to my dorm. "Pansy, meet me by the black lake in ten minutes." I said to her. She just looked up at me from her bed where she seemed to be doing some homework. "Why?" She asked. "Don't have time to explain." I said hurriedly as I put the box in my trunk. I tapped my wand on my head and my clothes quickly changed from my uniform to long pants and a flowwy top. I pulled my cloak over the top and wrapped around my scarf. I ran over to Draco's dirm and knocked on the door. "Get Blaise and meet me at the black lake in five. Don't have time to explain." I said running down stairs as Pansy came down next to me. We both ran out of the dorm and down to the lake. The black lake never attracted many people, that's why it was a great place to discuss things. "What's up?" Draco and Blaise asked as they came down and sat next me and Pansy. "I want to have a party. Down here. Tonight." I said with a semi evil grin. "Why?" Pansy asked. "I want to." I said standing. "But who would come?" Blaise had an odd expresion. "Who ever I wanted. We will have it after dinner. We have from now to then to hand out invites." I said. "Aha, what invites?" Draco asked looking around. "This invites." I flicked my wand and around thirty pieces of parchment appeared. In my other hand. "We better get up back up to the castle dinner starts in 10 minutes." Pansy pointed out. "Right. And only give these to Slytherins. If I want any other houses I'll invite them." I said. Handing each of them ten invites then adding ten to my hand.

Dinner was boring. Dumbledore spoke and we ate. Draco, Pansy and Blaise discretely started handing out invites to a few people. I was saving mine for a few special people. The party started 1 hours after dinner. By the Filch would have done his last hall way check and we were all free to get down there. As people started leaving a few people came up and told me they would come. Draco, Pansy and Blaise had gone back to the common room to find more people. A lot of teachers, including dad, had already left I had to do it now. I got up and went over to Gryffindor's table. "Hermione, Harry, Ron." I said moving towards them. "Aha, yeah." Harry said as they all turned to face me. "I wanted to invite you guys to my party tonight. It's a secret but it would be cool if you guys could come." I said three invites in my hand. "Yeah sure." Hermione said. I handed each of them an invite. "It's a secret though so make sure no one catches you guys while you are coming down. Could you also give these to Ginny, Neville, Dean, Seamus, Luna and Cho?" I asked holding another 6 invites. "Sure. We'll be there. Thanks Maddy." Hermione said grabbing the others. I walked off glad I had done that. I still had one more invite, who to give it too? Oh well for now I went back to the common room to get ready. It was going to be a long night, if I were to successed in my plan everything had to be perfect.

I entered the common room, it was quite a rush acctually. Pansy and Draco were surrounded by people. I made my way over to them through the crowd. "Maddy!" They cried and everyone moved aside to make way for me. "Whats up?" I sat next to them. "everyone clear out." Pans said to the crowd and they all groaned and plodded off. "ok, Crabbe and Goyle have agreed to guard the entrence to the party so only people with an invite can enter." Draco said. "Great, let them know that they must let everyone who has a invite in, everyone." I told him as i stood up. "Why, where are you going?" He asked looking up at me from the couch. "Uh, I have to get reaady. The party starts in less than an hour and i have to get ready." I said and Pansy stood next to me and we walked up to the dorm. "Ok what are you going to wear?" Pans asked as we both sat on our beds facing each other. "I dont know." I said excitedly but then it dawned on me. " I actually don't have anything to wear." i said starting to stress. "Thats fine just do that cool thin with your wand." she said calming me down. "Oh yeah. I can do that." I stood up and tapped my wand on the top of my head. I really loved that spell. I was in a small black dress with black tights and ankle high heel boots. My hair was out and at a length just under my shoulder blade, it was wavy, it went a deep black like dads with green high lights. "I love magic." I sighed. I tied my cloak around my shoulder. Pans was dressed upreally nicelly so we both left the dorm and went down to the common room to meet Draco, Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle. All the boys were wearing black suits waiting for us. "lets go. Flich is doing his last check in ten minutes then everyone will start going down." I said as we started walking. Draco and me linked arms and Pansy and Blaise did the same. Goyle and Crabbe just stumbled behind.

Hi people.
I noticed that people are being really quite. Please comment, it's really nice for me. Plus I like taking advice and thoughts on the book. Also chapters will start being smaller and published less and less.
Thanks Megan xx