Chapter 9: Horace Slughorn part 2

Med's Pov

"All mine, each and every one. Ex-students, I mean. You recognize Barnubas Cuffe, of course, editor of the Daily Prophet." Slughorn started pointing out students in photographs. "Always takes my owl should I want to register my opinion on the news of the day. And there's Ambrosius Flume of Honeydukes. Sends a hamper of chocolate to the house each birthday. That is, when I had a house. And Gwenog Jones, captain of the Holyhead Harpies -- free tickets whenever I want them. Of course, I haven't been to a match in some time...." Slughorn kept blabbing on and on. I noticed Harry looking at one photo in particular. "Ah yes. Regulus Black. You no doubt know of his older brother Sirius. Died a few weeks ago. I taught the whole Black family except Sirius. Shame. Talented boy. I got Regulus when he came along, of course, but I'd have liked the set." Slughorn had noticed Harry gaze. Regulus, I felt like I had hear that name before. "Mind if I take this? I do love knitting patterns." Dumbledore asked re-entered the room. "Of course. But you're not leaving." Slughorn seemed rather disappointed. "I think I know a lost cause when I see one. Regrettable. I would have considered it a personal triumph had you consented to return to Hogwarts, Horace. You are, like my friends Miss Snape and Mr. Potter -- one of a kind." Dumbledore geastured to us. Harry walked towards Dumbledore, I started to but one photo stood out. I stepped back to look at it. It was of 4 boys and 2 girls. The boys were all Gryffindor so was one of the girls, the other was Slytherin. They were all smiling except for the Slytherin girl. Her eyes were focused on something behind the camera. Someone's hand closed over the photo and pushed it down. "Come along Maddy, they will be wondering where you have gotten too." It was Dumbledore, he placed his good hand around my shoulder and lead me to the door. "Yes, sir." I said walking out in front of him and Harry. They both followed behind me slowly. "All right! I'll do it. But I'll be wanting Professor Merrythought's old office, not that water closet I had formerly. And I expect a raise! These are mad times we live in! Mad!" We turned around and Slughorn was standing in the doorway. Dumbledore nodded and we proceeded. "Indeed they are." Dumbledore muttered. "Sir, exactly what was that all --" Harry started. "Why did you bring both of us." I asked quitetly. "You are both talented, famous and powerful -- everything Horace values. Professor Slughorn is going to try to collect both of you. You would be his Crown Jewels . That is why he is returning to Hogwarts. And it is crucial he return..." Dumbledore stated as we walked. "But sir, I'm not famous and I gave up my powers." I said still unsure why I came. "Maddy, you are quite famous in Horace's eyes. You may have given up you godly powers, but you still have the powers a demi-god of Poseidon or Medusa would have. You may not want to recognise it but you do." He said looking down at me. I slowly nodded. "Now I regret to tell you both this but neither of you will be returning to you guardians houses tonight." He said stopping by the fountain. "What, but where are we going?" Harry asked as Dumbledore held out his arm. Dumbledore didn't answer so we just held on.

We landed out in tall thick grass. I could just make out a house in the distance, the Weasley's. Harry started walking forward. "See you on your first day, Harry." Dumbledore smiled as Harry continued. "What about me sir? You don't expect me to stay with the Weasley's?" I was most surprised. "Of course not. Severus has arranged for you to stay with Mr Malfoy till school begins." He lifted his arm up again. I held on.

I really really really need those new characters. Please give my some idea, I can not update the next chapters with out new people.
Please Megan. xx