Chapter 2: The Train

Harry Pov
It had been three days since we sent Med the letter and still no reply.

When we got back to Hogwarts that night after the ministry Dumbledore undid his enchantment and explained everything. How Med had go us out, how he did a double curse, how we would appear in Grimmauld place. Grimmauld place, where our other halves were. He also advised us to stay away from Med and Malfoy.

After we explain that to the adults at Grimmuald Place, Renus explianed to us about how Med gave up her powers and Kingsley told us about Snape adopting her. Once we returned Mr and Mrs Weasley took me, the twins, Ron, Hermione and Ginny back to the burrow till the start of the term.

"Don't worry mate. I am sure she is just busy, you'll see her at the start of term." Ron said as we went to bed the night before we were going back to Hogwarts. "But why she would go to Snape is crazy. There are heaps of family that would treat her better than Snape would." I replied. "Well you can always talk to her on the train." Ron had a point. "But she will be sitting with the Slytherin's. And then we have Umbridge to face when we get back." I said laying backwards on to the bed.

Mr Weasley had ministry cars come to collect us and take us to kings cross. I had replaced my trunk and was now carrying it down stairs. Our stuff was packed into the cars and we started off. I was in a car with Ron, George and Fred . Hermione, Ginny, Mr and Mrs Weasley were in the second.

When we arrived at Kings Cross we found some trolleys and stacked up our stuff. And walked through the station. There were a few Hogwarts students walking through to the platform. But I didn't see Med. We all walked through the barrier to the crowded platform 9 3/4. It was a mad rush to get everyone on the train, luckily for me this time Ginny was on the train and Ron and Hermione didn't have to patrol the train.

Pansy Pov
Me, Blaise, Draco and Maddy had agreed to meet in the compartment to go back to Hogwarts. My parents walked through the barrier with me and as I took my stuff on board they left taking my empty trolley back. I sat down in the compartment and pulled out my wand examining it. Slowly more and more Slytherins come in. Soon enough Blaise slid open the door and came over to me. "Hey Pansy." He said stowing his bag away. "Hi Blaise, good holiday?" I asked as he sat down next to me. "Yeah good, yours?" He said. I was about to respond when the door opened. "Hey Draco." We both said as he came in and sat opposite is. "Blaise, Pansy. Where's Maddy?" He asked. "Haven't seen her yet." Blaise said looking at me. "Neither." I agreed. Outside the warning bell sounded. "Maybe Snape is going to apparate her there instead of her coming on the train." I said, we all watched the door open. It was just Goyle, but he was followed by Maddy and then Crabbe. Crabbe and Goyle moved along to seats further away. "Maddy." I said jumping up and gave her a hug. "Hey Panz, Blaise, Dray." She came and sat next to Draco. "What happened?" Blaise asked, I slapped his arm. "No I mean the scar on her check." He corrected himself. I didn't have to look very closely to notice a thin but deep scar running under her right eye. "Oh it's just a gift from my old father." She said running her finger along it. Once we hear that we knew not to revisit the topic. "Why did it take you so long to get to the train? You knew the way right." Draco asked her. "No when I came to Hogwarts previously I always wind travelled to Dumbledores office, it's like apparating. I had no idea what I was doing till I saw a few others do it and thought running directly at a brick wall was way worth the risk." She said with a slight smile. "But I have other new news." She said lifting up a covered cage and uncovered it. "Wow, it's so pretty." I said looking down at a beautiful baby tawny owl. "Beautiful isn't she. Dad bought her for me. And I got something else." She placed the cage up with our other bags and pulled out a wand from her pocket. "I thought it would be best to get a new one. Walnut, 14.5 inches, pheonix feature." She said showing us. It was a nice wand, better than her last one.

Harry Pov
We entered the Slytherin compartment to find Blaise, Pansy, Draco and Med sitting right next to the door. "Hey Med." I said. Draco and Blaise made to stand up. "No boys, I'll deal with this one. Havent you heard Potter, the names Snape, Maddy Snape." She said with a sneer. Her lip curled just like Snape. She held out her hand like we had only just met. I extended my own and shook hers. A searing pain started in my forehead. My hand instinctively went up to it. Maddy stood, "I think that's your que to leave Potter." She said, she was definitely not the same girl I had met previously. Ron and me reached for our wands, but Maddy was quicker. "Expelliarmus." Both of our wands flew into her hand. Then the compartment door opened behind us. "Potter, Weasley, Jackson what is going on here." It was the sweets lady with her trolley. "My name isn't Jackson." Maddy said complained. "What ever the matter. Give the boys their wands back. And you three out of here." She said. Maddy threw the wands back to me and me, Ron and Hermione walked out. As we left I saw Draco comforting Maddy as she sat down.

We found out compartment again and sat down, discussing Maddy.